We snuck out the Friday after the fair to the beaches of Michigan City. Brad & Jacki celebrated their 40th Wedding Anniversary on July 30th (and we celebrated 11 years that day!). They wanted nothing more than a getaway with their kids and families, so that's exactly what we did.
They had rented a house nearly right on the beach, and it was gorgeous. We all arrived later Friday evening, and us "girls" left to go get the groceries while the men manned the children & excitement levels. While I knew that Jacob had planned to propose to Makayla during the course of the weekend, the last I had heard from him was it would be Saturday on the beach. So be it.
While we were getting groceries, however, Jason was blowing up my phone with text messages left & right telling us to hurry up, Jacob's doing it tonight, he's super nervous...what's taking you so long, etc. So, we finally return from groceries, and finally dig into the pizza that had been delivered. We're sitting around the table, and I'd found a way to get out my camera without anyone noticing (at least I hoped not). Next thing I know, Jacob's on one knee, Jason's hitting me in the leg, Brad's taking a big bite of pizza, and Jacob's asking Makayla to be his wife! We turned into instant paparazzi, and thankfully, she said yes! :) Not long after we'd swallowed that big excitement, Jacob announced there was more -- a baby was on the way, due in March! Lots of exciting moments in the months ahead for these young lovers!
We spent the rest of the weekend visiting the Washington Park Zoo, enjoying the beach, and the guys even took a chartered fishing trip - which was a memory Colton and Jason won't soon forget. It was the perfect getaway. Fun with family.
The sunsets and pier were a perfect way to end our little getaway. You'd have thought we were in Florida as goregous as the beaches were, and as warm as the sun was. The best part: it was only 1 hour and 45 minutes to get back home!
Oh, and I almost forgot. We seized the sunset and the fact that we were all together at once to get some new family pictures. They trusted me with the camera & a pretty sky, and it worked out okay!
Thank you, Brad & Jacki for such a wonderful treat at the end of our summer! Congratulations on 40 years of love, laughter, friendship and growth. You are a true example of what a strong marriage is, and Jason and I glean a lot from the two of you. Cheers to many, many more! We love you!
They had rented a house nearly right on the beach, and it was gorgeous. We all arrived later Friday evening, and us "girls" left to go get the groceries while the men manned the children & excitement levels. While I knew that Jacob had planned to propose to Makayla during the course of the weekend, the last I had heard from him was it would be Saturday on the beach. So be it.
While we were getting groceries, however, Jason was blowing up my phone with text messages left & right telling us to hurry up, Jacob's doing it tonight, he's super nervous...what's taking you so long, etc. So, we finally return from groceries, and finally dig into the pizza that had been delivered. We're sitting around the table, and I'd found a way to get out my camera without anyone noticing (at least I hoped not). Next thing I know, Jacob's on one knee, Jason's hitting me in the leg, Brad's taking a big bite of pizza, and Jacob's asking Makayla to be his wife! We turned into instant paparazzi, and thankfully, she said yes! :) Not long after we'd swallowed that big excitement, Jacob announced there was more -- a baby was on the way, due in March! Lots of exciting moments in the months ahead for these young lovers!
We spent the rest of the weekend visiting the Washington Park Zoo, enjoying the beach, and the guys even took a chartered fishing trip - which was a memory Colton and Jason won't soon forget. It was the perfect getaway. Fun with family.
The sunsets and pier were a perfect way to end our little getaway. You'd have thought we were in Florida as goregous as the beaches were, and as warm as the sun was. The best part: it was only 1 hour and 45 minutes to get back home!
Oh, and I almost forgot. We seized the sunset and the fact that we were all together at once to get some new family pictures. They trusted me with the camera & a pretty sky, and it worked out okay!
Thank you, Brad & Jacki for such a wonderful treat at the end of our summer! Congratulations on 40 years of love, laughter, friendship and growth. You are a true example of what a strong marriage is, and Jason and I glean a lot from the two of you. Cheers to many, many more! We love you!






Comments
Post a Comment