One would think that once school starts back up, we would fall into a routine and get life going again. Morning routines. Evening routines. Weekends that were a touch slower than summertime. I suppose One wouldn't know the Stockment family. We seem to know one speed.....on the go! This is a good and bad thing, but boy are we filling up our memory banks and enjoying our time together.
Some late August/September highlights:
Prophetstown Camping
Keaton Adenoids Surgery
Labor Day Camping
Football/Cheer
Apple Popcorn Festival
Emmalyn's Hardware removal surgery
Did you catch that? Two surgeries for two children in two months. This year has been a ZINGER. Oh ya, and two camping trips in back to back weekends. And football/cheer every weekend from 9/9 on....add in some 2nd and 4th grade homework, the purchase of Colton's 2018 Steer and some unexpected stitches for Emmalyn (3 days before surgery on her arm...ya....she needs to be wrapped in bubble wrap) it's been a busy back to school.
Let's start with our back to school camp out with friends at Prophetstown. We love Ptown. It's down the road, a super campground, wonderful playground for the kids, and of course -- the water park. We had a great weekend, despite finding out on the 2nd night that it wasn't racoons who tore into our trash the night before, it was skunks. As I was going to bed on the 2nd night, I saw it....chilling out under our steps, looking for food. Inside were Keaton and Em. Thankfully, it didn't spray us. Adventurous trip!!
Not long after our fun weekend camping, we took Keaton in for adenoids surgery. We'd been complaining about his snoring, and were worried it was interrupting his quality of sleep. Thankfully, we went into surgery and came out on the other side just fine. Of course, always hard to watch your baby go under anesthesia for the first time....and I had a sinking feeling about the surgeon....but we made it. You were a champ and we were so proud of you!
We moved right on into labor day weekend. We debated camping Labor Day -- we'd been twice in a row already and it was a big weekend and last minute planning and......blah...we went. IT. WAS. WORTH. IT. Bruce Culver invited us up to his pond and it was wonderful. The kids swam and paddle boated and played tractors and rode bikes. It was a wonderful weekend, thanks for having us Bruce!
I'm not sure when this happened....let's face it...this fall was a blur. Actually, I know it was after September 15th, because that was Apple Popcorn/TurkeyDinner/George's First Birthday Weekend, as well as a football game and apparently, because we didn't feel busy enough, bring home Colton's new 4-H steer weekend. Anywhere....somewhere in and around that timeframe....this happened...
Oh, and meet Duke, our new 4-H Steer! :) Isn't he cute?
And last but not least....we wrapped up the fall with ONE. MORE. SURGERY. Or maybe she had surgery before Apple Popcorn. Honestly....I don't remember. I just remember that we went to surgery, Grandma Mandy accompanied us, and she did fantastic. Quick in and out. She's an old pro and while we just thought that Dr. Myung would be pulling her pins out, we found out those things we could feel were actually the fiber wire moving around, so she just took it all out. Em's no longer bionic and is back to her normal God made self. And we are so thankful to put THAT chapter behind us.
So ya....that was September. I'm tired....are you?
Some late August/September highlights:
Prophetstown Camping
Keaton Adenoids Surgery
Labor Day Camping
Football/Cheer
Apple Popcorn Festival
Emmalyn's Hardware removal surgery
Did you catch that? Two surgeries for two children in two months. This year has been a ZINGER. Oh ya, and two camping trips in back to back weekends. And football/cheer every weekend from 9/9 on....add in some 2nd and 4th grade homework, the purchase of Colton's 2018 Steer and some unexpected stitches for Emmalyn (3 days before surgery on her arm...ya....she needs to be wrapped in bubble wrap) it's been a busy back to school.
Let's start with our back to school camp out with friends at Prophetstown. We love Ptown. It's down the road, a super campground, wonderful playground for the kids, and of course -- the water park. We had a great weekend, despite finding out on the 2nd night that it wasn't racoons who tore into our trash the night before, it was skunks. As I was going to bed on the 2nd night, I saw it....chilling out under our steps, looking for food. Inside were Keaton and Em. Thankfully, it didn't spray us. Adventurous trip!!
Not long after our fun weekend camping, we took Keaton in for adenoids surgery. We'd been complaining about his snoring, and were worried it was interrupting his quality of sleep. Thankfully, we went into surgery and came out on the other side just fine. Of course, always hard to watch your baby go under anesthesia for the first time....and I had a sinking feeling about the surgeon....but we made it. You were a champ and we were so proud of you!
We moved right on into labor day weekend. We debated camping Labor Day -- we'd been twice in a row already and it was a big weekend and last minute planning and......blah...we went. IT. WAS. WORTH. IT. Bruce Culver invited us up to his pond and it was wonderful. The kids swam and paddle boated and played tractors and rode bikes. It was a wonderful weekend, thanks for having us Bruce!
I'm not sure when this happened....let's face it...this fall was a blur. Actually, I know it was after September 15th, because that was Apple Popcorn/TurkeyDinner/George's First Birthday Weekend, as well as a football game and apparently, because we didn't feel busy enough, bring home Colton's new 4-H steer weekend. Anywhere....somewhere in and around that timeframe....this happened...
Oh, and meet Duke, our new 4-H Steer! :) Isn't he cute?
And last but not least....we wrapped up the fall with ONE. MORE. SURGERY. Or maybe she had surgery before Apple Popcorn. Honestly....I don't remember. I just remember that we went to surgery, Grandma Mandy accompanied us, and she did fantastic. Quick in and out. She's an old pro and while we just thought that Dr. Myung would be pulling her pins out, we found out those things we could feel were actually the fiber wire moving around, so she just took it all out. Em's no longer bionic and is back to her normal God made self. And we are so thankful to put THAT chapter behind us.
So ya....that was September. I'm tired....are you?
Comments
Post a Comment