Fall also means, typically, a lot of field trips with the kids school. At least one each -- and I swear all we do at Frontier, is study the pioneers. At least these are the only field trips I've gone on! HA :)
Em was first -and it was the classic 3rd grade field trip. 2 down, 1 to go -- and if Monsoon is still leading that damn trip, I might lose my mind. He's an INTERESTING character. That said, we had a fun day, with good weather. We made candles, pioneer foods, pet different animal pelts, sat in a school setting from the 1800's and built a log cabin out of logs we skinned.They even got to fish with cane poles....and thanks to George Govert...Em finally caught a fish! It was a fun day!
Emmalyn was an adorable.....dunce!
Also keeping with tradition -- Colton's fieldtrip I attended was....WET. Like, rained all day. AGAIN. We did this at Connor Prairie, and now at Feast of the Hunters Moon. It rained so hard this year that there was a bus (not ours) that got stuck parking, and we the teachers finally said screw it and we loaded up and had lunch back at the school.
Lastly, it was Keaton's turn, and it was CHILLY the day we tripped out to Kent's Pumpkin farm. That said, he had a great time, because that little hotbox doesn't get cold! My favorite part was when all the kids circled around Nina to learn about the farm, and he jumped up right front and center. As she encouraged kids to get closer, she looked at Keaton, darn near straight in the eye, and said, "except you, you need to scoot back -- you're as tall as I am!" ...................which got me! HA He really is a head taller than all the kids -- can you spot him here?
We did make the most of the chilly day and I loved that I got to share the day with my BFF's and their babies too!
Colton's class took another field trip to the Eiteljorg Museum and I rode along for that one, kind of half expecting it to be a totally boring trip. And, it was, for part of it! HA :) they did have fun toward the end in the area where you could experience the the time. The art....meh. Not so much.
Em was first -and it was the classic 3rd grade field trip. 2 down, 1 to go -- and if Monsoon is still leading that damn trip, I might lose my mind. He's an INTERESTING character. That said, we had a fun day, with good weather. We made candles, pioneer foods, pet different animal pelts, sat in a school setting from the 1800's and built a log cabin out of logs we skinned.They even got to fish with cane poles....and thanks to George Govert...Em finally caught a fish! It was a fun day!
Emmalyn was an adorable.....dunce!
Also keeping with tradition -- Colton's fieldtrip I attended was....WET. Like, rained all day. AGAIN. We did this at Connor Prairie, and now at Feast of the Hunters Moon. It rained so hard this year that there was a bus (not ours) that got stuck parking, and we the teachers finally said screw it and we loaded up and had lunch back at the school.
Lastly, it was Keaton's turn, and it was CHILLY the day we tripped out to Kent's Pumpkin farm. That said, he had a great time, because that little hotbox doesn't get cold! My favorite part was when all the kids circled around Nina to learn about the farm, and he jumped up right front and center. As she encouraged kids to get closer, she looked at Keaton, darn near straight in the eye, and said, "except you, you need to scoot back -- you're as tall as I am!" ...................which got me! HA He really is a head taller than all the kids -- can you spot him here?
We did make the most of the chilly day and I loved that I got to share the day with my BFF's and their babies too!
Colton's class took another field trip to the Eiteljorg Museum and I rode along for that one, kind of half expecting it to be a totally boring trip. And, it was, for part of it! HA :) they did have fun toward the end in the area where you could experience the the time. The art....meh. Not so much.










Comments
Post a Comment