Everyone now and again (at least once a month it feels like, in this house.....) - there's a 24 hour span where life is just flat WEIRD. You look back like, "did this really just happen? Is this my life"? Thankfully, this little flashback will be one we can laugh and shake our heads about......
Friday was just a day. Em had Addi here. It was a virtual school day. Keaton had show and tell with his classmates (Mrs. Brown you are a BRAVE lady....that's a lot of chaos). Colton was doing his thing. I was trying to work. Keaton, somewhere in the midst of showing off in front of Addi cut a chunk out of his hair....but thankfully, 10am came and we got them all onto their zooms. I had a short respite before the girls were asking for help with Math and lunch time was nearing. And seriously.....#math. Ugh.
Colton was un-impressed that he had to write three paragraphs about why PE should be required. "It just should. This is dumb"....was not a Mom approved response to that class question! HA
Keaton went from showing his new livestock trailer on Show & Tell to having a living room livestock show. (I do love that he loves his new toys so much and I do love seeing his imagination at play.....).

Addi and Em did their 2pm zoom and the boys were in and out all afternoon. Addi left about 3, which led to Keaton playing on the hoverboard and getting .... creative. Em was exhausted so she disappeared to chill for awhile and Colton was in the barn. I tidied up the house because Mer & Madi were coming to hang for a few hours and Jason was having another trapper party making sand and waxing traps.
Keaton insisted on me recording his new tricks....which, if I was wise, I'd attach a wet mop to his pants and make him earn his keep....but I'm already fearful he's going to run his head through the drywall.
This though, was just a start as to what was to come. Mer & Madi came, and the boys continued to work in the barn. I ran Colton to basketball and returned to help Keaton work wtih Marco and walk him. He did fantastic -- Jason and I were so proud. Then I stopped recording and Keaton and Marco, well, Marco ran. #woops.

I come inside to whip up dinner, and Keaton's playing on my phone - -then says "Uh, Mom, I don't know who I'm talking to....here!"...............it was 911. Apparently, these days, they take your name & address, then want to speak to another adult in the family to ensure things are okay or they'll send an officer out. Thankfully, Jason was home and could contest it was a mis-dial. I laugh, and make a post of #lifewithKeaton because the last 3 hours with him have been just chaos and hilarity......

We settle in to watch Purdue, the girls go home, all is quiet and I'm like "sweet....let's CHILL"......and then I hear Emmalyn hyperventilating and saying "oh no, oh no...." and she comes to me and says - "Mom, ugh. Mom....I had ONE kind of wild hair and I tried to shave it....and ....." so I investigate her eyebrow while she not-so-coyly covers the other one -- I pry her hand away and see she's hacksawed both eyebrows and immediately launch into giving her crap for trying to lie her way out of self-shaping her eyebrows!
She's mildly freaking out - how will we fix it, etc -- and I send Lisa Clark a text asking her to redeem my dumbass daughter. She's a saint - she responded: "I can fix that! We can wax the shape back - I live for mistakes like this"....which was great news, but now Em's fretting about how bad will it hurt to get them waxed. Um, you shaved them dork -- you gonna play, you gonna pay!
Keaton and I thoroughly enjoyed watching her squirm -- and the end result was perfect. Probably a little overdue anyway -- I think she's going to have brows like her dad -- bushy and wild! Keaton jumped into the chair for a quick trim and the hilarity ensued when Emmalyn told him he looked like a clown. How quickly she forgot the reason we were even AT Lisa's! HA
The rest of the weekend panned out nicely. We visited with Grandma & Grandpa Stockment on Saturday evening and spent Sunday at Zach's barn clipping and washing up calves for next weekend - our first show of 2021 with this set of calves. Keaton's going to show Marco, his first time in the ring, and the bigs have been working their tales off with Tyrone & Tina! It was so fun yesterday afternoon to not be needed -- the kids all do their part to wash, blow out, and even clip. Colton & Wyatt clipped the two little boys steers - which was fun to see. They have been excellent students and fun to watch them do it themselves. So, so proud of the hard workers you three are becoming -- work is always more fun with friends!
Anxious for a fun weekend with friends - that will feel like normal life again! :)
Comments
Post a Comment