Happy Tuesday. I thought I'd take some time to bring you all up to date,
because some of you we don't see very often, and well, a lots going on
it our life!
First things first, I'm almost 20 weeks pregnant, which marks the 1/2 way point in this journey. No, we don't have names picked out yet, but we're working on it. And yes, we're going to keep the sex a secret...even to us! It's funny, knowing that when we were born, our parents did have a choice but to be surprised and these days, people gawk at you if you don't know ahead of time. We're old fashioned I guess, we both want the surprise. I've felt great, and have been blessed to not have any morning sickness. I actually just popped out about a week, week and a half ago...I'd been slowly getting bigger, but now I actually look pregnant, not just chunky. Although, my dad and Jason have both let the comment, "wow, you're getting chunky" accidentally slide out of their mouths. They meant well...that's what I tell myself.
Men.
The other big adventure we're embarking upon is moving! Great timing huh? Well, when we first started this adventure, we thought we'd be moving in closer to December/January. I'm thankful to be moving now, and not later. And, good news, we sold our house in less than a month, by ourselves, without even advertising. Someone upstairs was looking down, that's for sure. We're buying 4 acres that comes with a house and two barns out south of Brookston. It's actually where Jason's grandparents lived, and the land surrounding is actually still owned by Robinsons. Gram Hall is excited, says we'll be living in her backyard...after all, she is pretty fond of those Robinsons! Jason can't wait to get out of town, and I think more so, to be able to hunt in his own back yard this fall. Hopefully we'll be out there, and working on making the place our own by October. We'll have to see how everything goes.
Well, I've got pictures to post of the house. But, of course, my camera was dead today. I'll work to get some batteries tonight to be able to put them up soon.
Off to a cookout tonight with some good ole friends, that we've not seen in awhile. I'll be happy when life slows back down a bit, but I have a feeling that won't be for another 20+ years when kids are grown and out on their own...at least that's what our parents keep telling us!
Have a great night!
First things first, I'm almost 20 weeks pregnant, which marks the 1/2 way point in this journey. No, we don't have names picked out yet, but we're working on it. And yes, we're going to keep the sex a secret...even to us! It's funny, knowing that when we were born, our parents did have a choice but to be surprised and these days, people gawk at you if you don't know ahead of time. We're old fashioned I guess, we both want the surprise. I've felt great, and have been blessed to not have any morning sickness. I actually just popped out about a week, week and a half ago...I'd been slowly getting bigger, but now I actually look pregnant, not just chunky. Although, my dad and Jason have both let the comment, "wow, you're getting chunky" accidentally slide out of their mouths. They meant well...that's what I tell myself.
Men. The other big adventure we're embarking upon is moving! Great timing huh? Well, when we first started this adventure, we thought we'd be moving in closer to December/January. I'm thankful to be moving now, and not later. And, good news, we sold our house in less than a month, by ourselves, without even advertising. Someone upstairs was looking down, that's for sure. We're buying 4 acres that comes with a house and two barns out south of Brookston. It's actually where Jason's grandparents lived, and the land surrounding is actually still owned by Robinsons. Gram Hall is excited, says we'll be living in her backyard...after all, she is pretty fond of those Robinsons! Jason can't wait to get out of town, and I think more so, to be able to hunt in his own back yard this fall. Hopefully we'll be out there, and working on making the place our own by October. We'll have to see how everything goes.
Well, I've got pictures to post of the house. But, of course, my camera was dead today. I'll work to get some batteries tonight to be able to put them up soon.
Off to a cookout tonight with some good ole friends, that we've not seen in awhile. I'll be happy when life slows back down a bit, but I have a feeling that won't be for another 20+ years when kids are grown and out on their own...at least that's what our parents keep telling us!
Have a great night!
Comments
Post a Comment