- Well, it's Tuesday...back to work after a long weekend, and I'm too lazy to tell you all about it. It would likely wear me out all over again. So...I'll just tell you about our jam packed weekend in pictures. Beware...this could take two posts!
My weekend started Thursday night, since I took Friday off. Stacy came out to hang out, and help me handle two kids, as I had Meredith for the evening too. Who would have thought the little thing could be so attached to Aunt Kim! She was content being rocked in Stacy's arms, and when I left the room she just went nuts! But, I think she was tired, does this prove it?

Auntie Stac & Colton -- I swear, she's going to spoil the crap out of my kid...without a doubt!

The kids, checking each other out -- Meredith - 11 months, Colton 3 months (almost 4!) Colton just wanted to hold her hand!

Friday Colton and I set out to run some errands, despite the rainy no good weather. We stopped and visited Dad at work, then hit the mall & Once Upon a Child (my new favorite place to shop!) Friday evening, once we thought the rain had cleared, we headed up town to Jacob's ball game...unfortunately, the weather came and went, but Colton survived. We went back to Brad & Jacki's and spent the rest of the evening with them and John & Jess, including awesome carryouts from Chalmers Pub. (What is it about bar food that makes it so good?)
We also used the extra long weekend to start Colton on cereal. Since he's just 1 week shy of 4 months, we decided to give it a try. We've heard it can be a tough go at first, but not for our hearty little eater...of course, he loved it!! It was still messy...but by last night, he could see the spoon and knew to open his mouth! He loves it!

Saturday Colton and I just hung around the house. I did some baking and tried to keep baby happy. He was unusally fussy. We had plans to go to a cookout later that evening, (Saturday), but we are pretty sure that Colton is teething, because he's been drooley, bitey & really fussy. Thank goodness for tylenol...this was taken after we discovered the beauty of Childrens Tylenol, and Jason hit a brick wall from splitting up logs all day. Daddy & Colton were both pooped!

Sunday, we went to church, then Colton & I to a bridal shower, then that evening, we all went to Matt & Amanda Holderly's for a cookout. We'd by then figured out that we could keep Colton comfortable with tylenol, and knew much better how to handle him from being too fussy. Of course, all the guys wanted to get this picture...they thought that Colton's stroller was totally cool because it had so many cupholders...or in this case: beer holders. Colton is finally learning to take the pacifier too...I don't want to get him too hooked, but it seems to sooth him!

Aunt Manny (as Emma calls her) with her niece Emma. It was fun to talk about Matt & Amanda's little girl (due in August) and Colton and Brent & Natasha's boy Brody chasing after her...I think Matt's going to be a protective Dad. Until then, he can practice with these two...

And finally...Natasha & Brody...what a cutie! He and Colton have matching John Deere sweatsuits...Brody's is green & Colton's is grey!
Monday we worked outside all day -- poor Colton was beat from being outside all day. We had a picnic with Dad down on the corner before we helped him plant his sunflower patch. Colton hung out in the bouncy seat while Jason and I worked. He actually slept for the most part. I'm totally mad at myself for not taking the camera, it would have been great. We also worked at getting the landscape ready to plant with flowers. Now I just need to plant it. Monday evening, we had a cookout at Mom & Dad's with Federer's. It was a great time...Colton got to sport his first Purdue sweatshirt...and sometimes, he just likes to be left alone -- so we laid him down on the table, and let him suck his thumb....his new favorite pasttime!

Colton with Grandma Mandy...

And finally...we took a "family" ride on Dad's new ride...Colton loved it. Especially when I would drive fast...he'd just grin. Murphy was hilarious in the back too...his ears were flappin in the wind!

Obviously, we had an awesome weekend, despite a somewhat cranky baby & a crazy busy schedule. Just the way I love it. Hope you all had a great holiday weekend, and a safe one. We're off to see Grandma Hall tonight, and Colton will meet his great Aunt Marsha for the first time. We'll probably hit one of Jacob's baseball games this week too, so I'll try to get lots of pictures.
Here's the best way to share Dad's video. Thank you all so much for submitting the clips. This really made him smile (and say some funny things the first time we watched soon after anesthesia). I think it will be treasured company this evening in the hospital. Thank you for your prayers, your thoughts, for answering the phone calls and lifting Dad up. We appreciate all your love and support. 58E2238E-D2E3-4B38-9FF6-AE1E502ABD14.mp4
Comments
Post a Comment