Well, first of all, life has been busy since my last post. Sorry for the delay. In the few weeks that have passed a lot has happened. Colton is now 3 months old. 3 months...90 days, however you want to look at it...it's crazy! He's growing and changing so much that it's hard for us to keep up. And how much fun to watch him grow and change. He's so alive now, grabbing at us (and anything we put in his face for that matter), talking to us, smiling up a storm, kicking himself in circles, and sometimes, on a good day, rolling over (if propped up just right! HA
)
He's growing like a weed too, to a point where I sometimes get nervous
that perhaps my baby is too fat. Although, a good healthy baby is a fat
baby, so no fears here...I hope. You know, if it were me, I don't think
I'd be so worried, but I am now in charge of another persons life. What
happens to him, is based on the decisions I make. Now would be a good
time to become a good decision maker....and by good decision maker, I
mean someone who can make a quick decision and stick with it. I'm not so
good at that. Here are a few random 3month pictures of Colton...you
know, the ones with the paper. I guessed on his weight, and tried to
measure him myself, so by no means are those right...after all, I still
say that the scale at home is 15lbs off! Notice the John Deere and
Cubs...does a baby get any cuter in gear like that?

I took this one, so that you could see how long Colton is, but the more I look at it, he looks like he's 2 years old or something...poor photography...

Now on to more recent ventures. And there have been a few. In one week, Colton got to attend 2 mother daughter banquets. Grandma Hancock's on the 3rd, and Mom's on the 7th. Mom was part of the entertainment at hers, as was Aunt Nancy, Barb, and a few others. It was fantastic. They did the many hats mothers wear, and each did a 50-60's inspired song with the words changed to match their role as a mother. It was very cute. Even Colton enjoyed...

Colton is giving me that look like - "Mom, I'm hungry...seriously..." After this amazing shanningan of motherness, Jason, Colton and I took off to Chicago, where I was coordinating the first ever Mobile Forensics World Conference. Jason and Colton came along because I'm still nursing some, and well...why not? I hate going to those things alone, and when the hotel is paid for, and we can get out and enjoy the city at such a cheap vacation price....while I do a little bit of work on the side, why not? Thursday I had a few meetings in and around the hotel for preparation, but got to spend a majority of the afternoon with the boys before registration & reception took place. So, we got Colton all dolled out in his itty bitty swim trunks, and took him down to the heated pool. He loved it. Or at least, he didn't hate it. I had to go soon, so I didn't get in with them Thursday, but had the chance to take him on Friday afternoon. Jason kept asking if we could blow in his face and dunk him (because that's how he was taught to swim), but I encouraged him not to until I could poll a few others as to when they are old enough for that. I'd hate to "just try" something like that...after all, we're talking about human life here. What if something happened? So far from home? Maybe this summer in Mom & Dad's pool, with lots of supervision and Colton closer to 6 months...but here are swimming pictures.

Friday, I had to be down around the hotels meeting space for the better part of the day, so Jason loaded Colton up, and they drove about a 1/2 hour to a Cabelas. Now, we were under the impression that all Cabelas are pretty large, and pretty awesome. Jason said this one was neat, but it wasn't as big as he'd pictured. They say the one in Hammond is the one to see...so maybe someday we'll drive back up there. We actually passed it on the drive home, and Jason said it's much bigger than the one they went to. But, they had a good time, and he said Colton was a very good baby. He changed him as soon as they got there, and the little turd filled his pants about 10 minutes after that. I swear, the kid knows he has on a clean diaper and chooses to fill it! Well, here's the one picture they got of them at Cabelas...they have a bunch of real mounted animals all throughout the store. Jason enjoyed that. Colton even wore his camo shorts for the occasion!

That evening, we got done with my conference stuff, and headed by train into downtown Chicago. (My conference was at O'Hare). Colton was great on the train ride. Dad was nervous. He hates not being in charge and not knowing where we are going exactly, and as "protector of his family" I suppose he just was a bit uncomfortable. But we made it. In one piece, and happy.

Once downtown, we walked to Ed Debevics. I've always heard about this place, but had never been . Apparently, it's the cool thing to be sassy to your customers and throw things at them, and mouth off. Luckily, the waitress was just half sass with us, and I think it's because Colton finally got cranky, and was hungry with a half warm bottle. He is very particular about the warmth of his bottle. If it's cold, he's not having it! It was neat, the food was okay, but we can now say we've been there, and we had a pretty good time.


Our view was interesting too... a big cows butt! Yes, we even wore the dorky hats for a family photo opp. Why we didn't think to all sit together and have someone take one picture is beyond me! Well, later that evening, I wanted to take a few pictures of Colton, but I had some trouble... I couldn't figure out what the orange light was on my camera, and it obviously freaked Colton out...this was the only look I could get out of him...

But I got some better ones the next morning...

And lastly...his latest trick...is holding his own bottle. Apparently, thats the only way to keep the food coming.

Sunday we came back to enjoy Mothers day. We did church, then brunch with Jason's family, and spent the afternoon/evening with my Mom. That's all I wanted on Mothers day, was to share my new baby with those that love us. And we had a nice day too, despite the rain and nasty weather. Jason and Colton got me a card that made me cry (go figure...hormones are still out of wack some days...) and some flowers. It was the perfect first mothers day.
Well, I've filled this post with as many pictures and tales as I could. (Heck, some of you probably haven't made it this far without coming back to the page...I hear I write alot? Guess I can blame that on my knack for talking...I basically type what I'd be saying....sorry I'm so windy!
)
I'm working late tonight, Colton's with Grandma Jacki, and Jason is
mowing our dandelion farm. I am hoping to get home at a decent
time...I've had a bad chest cold since we went up to Chicago, and I'm
plumb tuckered out. But, it's 7:30, and my dinner goes until
9:30....let's pray that they let out early, and close down the bar
early! It's been a long day...Happy Mothers day to all you mothers who read this, and I hope everyone is well!! Take care, and keep in touch! Love, Jason, Kim & Colton
Comments
Post a Comment