Skip to main content

Happy First Birthday, Colton Robert Stockment!

Wednesday, 04 February 2009

Okay, okay...so I'm a few days late, and I didn't even find the time to get on here and date stamp a Happy Birthday Message to my son --- shame on me, but honestly, there was no time. Let me recap the last week for you -- I lasted posted on Tuesday the 27th...my due date! HA
Wednesday night - Mom & Dad kidnapped Colton and I to go visit Grandma while Jason did some hunting. We had a great visit - but I wasn't sure it'd be that great. About 10 minutes before Mom & Dad got to our house, Colton fell in the bathroom and cracked his head on the corner of the vanity! He finally chilled out and we had a nice visit, and a great time at dinner afterwards. No offense to JAson, but it was kind of fun to be just with my parents by myself. I'm selfish like that! :)
Thursday night - My goal was to tackle cleaning the upstairs, so that it was done and I could spend all day Friday focusing on the downstairs. Jason helped with supper & Colton while I cleaned and organized upstairs. Everything actually went as planned. Shocker!!!
Friday/ Friday night - Colton went to Pam's on his 1st Birthday (yes, this was incredibly hard and depressing..but I would have gotten nothing done with him home!) and I tackled the house. Friday evening, my Mom's side of the family came over to see the house/enjoy Colton's first birthday. Colton loved the cake Grandma Hall made for him -- even if it wasn't perfect. (See picture posts later...apparently decorating pens for cakes don't come with spell check!)
Saturday - Colton and I repicked up the house, hung out all morning, then Jason took over watching him while I ran to Lafayette to get a few last minute items for the big party. Saturday evening, all of our families and a few friends come over to celebrate Colton's first birthday. We had a great time -- and it was so fun having so many of our friends with babies here too! Big crowd, but Colton did great. He was wide awake and happy until 10:30pm!! He was a trooper!
Sunday - Colton and I recouperated at home while Jason recouperated out in the field hunting. Apparently that's what does him good. We all got a nice afternoon nap, before Seth & Jenna and Jeff & Jenna came back over to watch the Super Bowl (which was fairly disappointing - there were maybe 2 funny commercials and the game was not that great until like the last 3 minutes...but the food rocked!)
Monday - Back to work. We were all excited to do nothing but come home and CRASH Monday night. It was a well needed evening of nothing...of course, after making supper, writing thank you notes, cleaning up the house, etc. ha No night is ever a night of nothing....
Tuesday - Work, and then our PLAN was to come home, take Colton to Grandma & Grandpa Stockment's and then Jason and I were headed back down to Lafayette to get our taxes done. However, when I got back to my desk from a meeting about 4...I noticed two missed calls from Pam. Immediately I know something's wrong. Granted, we'd known all along that Colton had a cold, but we thought he could wait it out, since his one year Check up was to be today. She said we better not, and after a trip to Urgent Care -- we're glad we didn't wait. He has ear infection in both ears -- yes, that's TWO ear infections and bronchitis. Poor kid!! We did however, and only barely , make it to our tax appointment. Brad & Jacki came to our house to save us some time, and we had a nice mini date out. We both didn't expect to get such good news at the appointment, not that we thought it would be bad news -- but let's just say...having a baby was a GOOD decision! HA :)
Wednesday -- we're now back to today...and you're probably worn out. I am....just remembering it all. Needless to say, I wasn't unhappy to stay home with a sick baby today. And, because our kid rocks so much...it hasn't even seemed like he's sick. Sure, he doesn't sound great -- got a cough and what not...but for having two ear infections...he's a pretty good kid! And, because he's napping...I get to update my blog! See, it all works out!
Now for a slew of pictures from his 1st Birthday Weekend...I'll just let them do the talking! Needless to say...we are blessed, and we had a great weekend with family and friends!!!
Mom's Birthday Cake for Colton  on his actual birthday!
DSC02791
Everyone discovering Mom's creation and watching Colton cream his own face with cake...
DSC02793 DSC02798
This was the crowd we hosted on Saturday...lots of fun!
DSC02807 DSC02808
And this is the last picture I can post for now -- Jason just got home, and wants to run out to my parents to test out the snowmobiles...so I'll finish the post later...but remember how I said all our friends with kids came? This is their first mug shot together...
DSC02810
Yes, I've got a better one -- but it'll have to wait...maybe when I get home tonight I'll finish this post. Meredith was ready to bail, Brody (brown coat) was not paying attention, Colton was waiting on the cake, Reagan was watching Matt, and Mya was still getting positioned! It's pretty trying to get 5 kids, 6months to 19 months to pay attention to one camera! It was hilarious -- not to mention, they probably thought we were all paparazzi...since there were probably 12 flashes going off at any one time!

Okay....until later...more fun pictures to post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Well Soon, Grandpa Kent

 Here's the best way to share Dad's video. Thank you all so much for submitting the clips. This really made him smile (and say some funny things the first time we watched soon after anesthesia). I think it will be treasured company this evening in the hospital. Thank you for your prayers, your thoughts, for answering the phone calls and lifting Dad up. We appreciate all your love and support.  58E2238E-D2E3-4B38-9FF6-AE1E502ABD14.mp4

Covid ... the end. (Hopefully. Maybe. I really don't know....)

 Almost two years ago, exactly, our world drastically changed. Everyone holed up at home, scared to enter the world and catch Covid 19/Corona Virus. (Except Jason, once he got to feeling better from most likely having Covid before it was a known thing, he just went to work everyday like nothing had changed). The world basically shut down  -- special hours, curbside pick up encouraged, no dining room service only drive through or carryout. If someone coughed or sneezed anywhere near you, you were instantly suspicious. Our parents lived on complete edge and worry, taking in every ounce of information the news was constantly throwing in their faces. It was a time of great uncertainty, lots of information being thrown at us from trusted news sources, social media, and hearsay from those in the medical profession.  We spent March to May just trying to figure out our new life. No baseball. No softball. Lots of time with our animals. Lots of crafts. School from home. Porch drop ...

April - Hey Batter, Batter...

April is always the month that makes us think spring is FINALLY here, because it's starting to warm up, suns starting to shine more, except when we finally get to the baseball/softball fields, it's just as cold as it was in February. Thankfully, Emmalyn had an indoor sport to carry us through the cold of the month, until baseball/softball really got kicked off! Emmalyn tried something new this year and participated in CiVic vollebyall. This is a club program out of Carroll County, and she practiced every Sunday from January through April. Finally in late April she had three play dates. One Saturday we played up at Fairmount, IN. Grandma Jacki, Keaton and I went with Emmalyn, while Dad, Grandpa and Colton cut down some trees in preparation for our spring projects. Emmalyn and Mae Ella did a wonderful job for their team, both rocked their serving and seemed to know the game and keep their cool better than some on the team. The second weekend Dad, Em & Mom traveled to Triton H...