I'm learning that Colton loves food. Let's face it...he gets that honest! His Dad and I are both pretty good eaters...not that that is something I typically like to brag about. However, when raising a child, it's a pretty good compliment to know that Colton has a wide variety of tastes and that he will try about anything, and by anything, I mean meats, fruits, vegetables, dog food, string, paper, beer cans, etc. I think you get the picture. Therefore, I shouldn't be surprised or as amused as I am that he enjoyed salad last night at dinner. I had fixed a salad for Jason and I, and I thought, let's experiment. So, I put some cut up lettuce, topped with a few shreds of cheese & a dolup of ranch into his little bowl, and sat back to watch the results. This is what I found...I was confused as to why I heard slurping....but I'm fairly certain that he sucked the ranch off of every piece of lettuce before he chewed it up. Further evidence that he is, in fact, my child. It's a genetic love of ranch dressing!
I also have to wonder why we give him baths nightly after supper. Do you think this proves that he's a messy eater???
He's learned that the bowl is more fun upside down than it is right side up...I'm just lucky that only few times has it actually landed on the ground. Although, when that happens...Murphy is in doggie heaven!
I don't know if I mentioned in my last post that we spent all day Saturday (or 4 hours...but with bleacher butt in mind...felt like all day) watching Jacob wrestle...here's a cute shot of Colton napping at the gym. He slept through the whistles, buzzers, cheering....for about 45 minutes! Not quite an ideal nap, but given the conditions, we'll take it....
Colton also loves to help his daddy get the fire going. He helps by sorting the papers and handing them to Dad...
Yeah...he's a squirt, but he's cute isn't he?
Comments
Post a Comment