Skip to main content

More birthday...

I'll start this post with a few final pictures of the 1st birthday bash...

The future gang of friends/classmates! Colton, Brody Cox, Reagan Roberts & Mya Holderly
 
Opening gifts...he was truly spoiled on his first birthday!

He had to take a snack break in the middle of opening things up...thankfully, Reagan was willing to share...

His cake & the big cake...they were so cute, and tasty too!
 
Before he dove into his cake...

After he dove into his cake...
 
The end -- a birthday party is TIRING!!! (This is probably how Jason and I looked that night too...ha)

Throw in Super Bowl party on Sunday of the same weekend...Colton found himself an empty beer bottle...notice how he tips it back like an old pro!

We had an amazing birthday weekend.We really are blessed. Lots of fun with family & friends.  Our lives really haven't slowed down much since then -- the following week Colton got sick...and really, he's such a good kid, we didn't even know it. Pam called and told us we should probably take him to the doctor a day or two early, so we did, to find out he had double ear infections and bronchitis!! Poor guy! He's all cleared up now, and doing just fine. The following weekend we had a "reveal" party for a Wish Kid of mine. She wished for a decked out golf cart, so that's what she got! It was a fun weekend!  Sunday we went to visit Joe & Kathy, and had a great visit. Joe loves kids...and Colton was no exception. They were buds by the end of the evening...that's for sure!  Colton even politely "lost" Joe's remote that day...it wasn't until Wednesday when Stacy called to ask where it might be that we realized it. Luckily, Mom knows best, and after giving her a few suggestions of where to look...it was quickly recovered. Last week went by pretty fast...which was nice. I'm always happy when a work week flies past and the weekends are here. Then I'm sad come Monday when they are gone...perhaps that is why it feels like life is just zooming past -- because all I do is wait for the weekend!  Here is a picture of Colton helping Daddy bring some wood in to the house -- it was too wet to drive out into the pasture (big warm up/rain this past week!) so they took another mode of transportation!
This didn't make me too nervous, until I saw this on their return trip...

Thankfully...no one was injured! HA He LOVES being with his Daddy! You should see him light up when Dad comes home of an evening...I don't know who gets to the door first -- Murphy barking like crazy or Colton waving his hands around like crazy going -- "DA DA...DA DA!"

This weekend was Valentines day -- and we had a nice weekend. Friday night was dinner/movies in, which was nice. Saturday we spent the biggest part of the day at the North White gym watching Jacob wrestle. It was interesting, and Colton was a very good boy. From there, we dropped Colton at Grandma & Grandpa Hall's to spend the night while Jason and I took advantage of a free night at the Holiday Inn in Lafayette. Seth & Jen met up with us after dinner (Jason had made reservations and taken me to Maize...really good, but we both decided...too ritzy for us simple folk! HA) and did some bar hopping. It was fun...we'd all not been to alot of those places in downtown Lafayette....so it was a good time. Sunday was breakfast at the hotel, quick visit with Gram, then church and back home to get Colton and spend some time cleaning/picking up around the house. A fun, but way too fast weekend.

Now, here it is...Monday, and I'm just not in the mood to work.  It's hard when you have such a great weekend. And, it's hard when I've been getting up at 5am! Man...I hope it gets easier when the sun is up a little earlier. We're getting closer, but not fast enough. I joined Curves again recently. I really liked it before, and this body could use a little tune up! :) We'll see how it goes...I'm hoping I stick with it. Jason is being a very good support...so that's awesome! Anyway...I better end my lunch break and get back to work...but I thought I better update. Hopefully I'll have more pictures to share soon. I just need to be better about uploading them!

Take care -- and keep praying for Joe. Prayer works!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Well Soon, Grandpa Kent

 Here's the best way to share Dad's video. Thank you all so much for submitting the clips. This really made him smile (and say some funny things the first time we watched soon after anesthesia). I think it will be treasured company this evening in the hospital. Thank you for your prayers, your thoughts, for answering the phone calls and lifting Dad up. We appreciate all your love and support.  58E2238E-D2E3-4B38-9FF6-AE1E502ABD14.mp4

Covid ... the end. (Hopefully. Maybe. I really don't know....)

 Almost two years ago, exactly, our world drastically changed. Everyone holed up at home, scared to enter the world and catch Covid 19/Corona Virus. (Except Jason, once he got to feeling better from most likely having Covid before it was a known thing, he just went to work everyday like nothing had changed). The world basically shut down  -- special hours, curbside pick up encouraged, no dining room service only drive through or carryout. If someone coughed or sneezed anywhere near you, you were instantly suspicious. Our parents lived on complete edge and worry, taking in every ounce of information the news was constantly throwing in their faces. It was a time of great uncertainty, lots of information being thrown at us from trusted news sources, social media, and hearsay from those in the medical profession.  We spent March to May just trying to figure out our new life. No baseball. No softball. Lots of time with our animals. Lots of crafts. School from home. Porch drop ...

April - Hey Batter, Batter...

April is always the month that makes us think spring is FINALLY here, because it's starting to warm up, suns starting to shine more, except when we finally get to the baseball/softball fields, it's just as cold as it was in February. Thankfully, Emmalyn had an indoor sport to carry us through the cold of the month, until baseball/softball really got kicked off! Emmalyn tried something new this year and participated in CiVic vollebyall. This is a club program out of Carroll County, and she practiced every Sunday from January through April. Finally in late April she had three play dates. One Saturday we played up at Fairmount, IN. Grandma Jacki, Keaton and I went with Emmalyn, while Dad, Grandpa and Colton cut down some trees in preparation for our spring projects. Emmalyn and Mae Ella did a wonderful job for their team, both rocked their serving and seemed to know the game and keep their cool better than some on the team. The second weekend Dad, Em & Mom traveled to Triton H...