You know, growing up, I put my time in at the nursing home doing different things for community service, and I always left there kind of freaked out. Never did I guess my own Grandma would some day have to reside there. I'm not gonna lie, the first few months of transition weren't easy. Ask Jason, I was probably in tears 9/10 leaving her there. These days are different though. I've come to accept that even though she's the same old grandma Hall, she's also a new breed of grandma Hall, and that if you don't make the most out of the time we have left with her, you're wasting precious time crying and being sad. So, that's what we do. We try to get to visit her about once every two weeks, and we like to take Colton to see her, because Grandma Hall always has and always will love babies....although, nearly every time we go visit, she asks who he is....I think it's still hard for her to believe that HER grandbabies actually have babies! Regardless, last night Gram was REALLY good....granted, she's got days where she's not soo good in the memory department, but last night, she was great. Here are some videos of the night....Colton was all about "pushing" Gram around her room...Dad didn't think the little squirt could do it -- but guess what....he's such a strong kid! (Gram made a point later to admit she was helping out with her feet, and pulling herself along a little...)
You know - these videos mean a lot to me, because it's not often we catch Gram laughing like that anymore, and to have her on video, means alot. One of these days, when she's not around anymore to laugh with us in person....we'll really treasure these videos.
Okay, hope that brought a smile to your face....I know it did mine! :)
PS. As is our usual ritual when we go see Gram, we went to dinner at TGI Fridays. WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!! Jason and Dad were freaking out that I was going to come across the table and strangle the waiter. Let's just say we got there at 8:20, and didn't get our meals until 9:00pm, followed by our appetizers. I was irate....and I've honestly NEVER had a bad experience at that place....but last night was ridiculous. I'm still a little angry about it....I'm not gonna lie! HA
Have a great day!
Comments
Post a Comment