Tuesday, 26 May 2009
Well, I sit here at home on a rainy Tuesday afternoon, thankful that mother nature was on our side Friday-Monday, while we went camping over our long weekend. I'm glad that I took today off too, just to catch up on housework, laundry & rest! What a perfect day to want to be restful -- me & Colton, lots of rain (mixed with some sun) and left over homemade cookies! :) Now, if only I hadn't run out of milk! We had such a great weekend. About four years ago we started a tradition of camping with Jenni & Nathan Biehl, Seth & Jenna Maxwell, and whomever else we could round up to head over to Monticello for the weekend. We didn't go last year, because Colton was only a few months old, and we just weren't confident enough in our parenting to tackle parenting in a camper! HA This year was quite the opposite, instead of being concerned about how he would handle it, I was more concerned about how we would keep him contained and out of trouble. Thankfully, he only ventured into the road one time, and that's because his Dad was playing catch in the road, and he wanted to be with him. He also knew that the fire was "hot", and told us so each time he walked past. Last but not least, our biggest feat, was that he slept in the back bunk (a big kid style bed) all by himself, and didn't even fall out! He did manage to fall out of the camper once though and that wasn't so great, but a few hugs & kisses and one fat lip later -- all was fine. He even got to ride most of the kiddie rides at Indiana Beach, and did great on them. All smiles -- I really think I was more worried than he was. We had a great trip...and a great weekend. Nothing beats good friends, a campfire, and a few cold beers mixed with lots of laughter! Plus, my house is just about cleaned...so I think the weekend will end on a good note. I'll let some pictures tell the rest of the story...Colton thought Jenni should wear his shoes...
Colton's first go at skee-ball -- he did well until he got away and ended up at the front of the lane throwing backwards...
Kiddie rides = all smiles!
Except for this one -- where he obviously wasn't sure what to think when it first took off, it was pretty jerky...(this face is PRICELESS)
Comments
Post a Comment