Tuesday, 12 May 2009
Well, it seems in the last several posts, all I've done is apologize for not blogging lately. This time, I must have waited well past my normal limit, because I couldn't even remember my own password to log in and blog. That's ridiculous! Regardless, we've been up to a BUNCH here lately, and I am pretty sure my last post was sometime back in April....and it's nearly Mid-May! Let's catch up on a few things....- Colton is growing like a weed. He's talking more and more all the time - a few favorite words - mama, papa, bapa (grandpa), deez (please), dan ooo (thank you), dog, trator (tractor) and baa daw (bad dog). Oh yeah, and haw daw (hot dog).
- He's giving actual kisses on the lips....like for real this time, not just the fake out that he did a few months back. Its serious, and it's completely heart melting...
- He LOVES to trash my house. It's pretty funny...as soon as I get one room picked up, he's in the next room ripping things off shelves, scattering toys, etc. A clean house i a lost cause, until maybe 8pm...
- Bath time is a favorite, oh yeah, that's another word he can say..."bahbles"
- Colton traditionally get a half a graham cracker and some milk first thing in the morning, to hold him over until breakfast at Pam's. Yesterday, I tried giving him a quarter of a graham cracker, and he threw a fit.....because he knew he was getting ripped off. I thought that was pretty comical....that he actually knew he wasn't getting as much as normal, and he wasn't okay with it.
- He can demolish a can of mandarin oranges like it's his job. I try to leave those diapers for Pam or Jason though....it's not pretty!
- Jason and I are officially mushroom hunters. Considering I can't stand mushrooms, that's a feat. I even tried one, once it was covered in a delightful batter and fried crisp in butter. It wasn't bad....but luckily, I couldn't taste it/feel it in my mouth!
- Mother's day 2009 was a success, Jason and Colton actually remembered that I'm a mom this year, and presented me with a gorgeous hanging basket and shepherds hook to hang it from. We did church, visit with Gram Hall, Brunch with the Stockments, then they let me read/nap on a blanket in the warm sunshine, followed by a cookout with my family. It was the perfect Mother's day!
- I chopped my hair. If you thought I looked like my mother before, you're really in for it now. It's ridiculous, but on the bright side, it took me maybe 15 minutes to get ready this morning. Awesome. Besides, I've got a hot mom...so there's nothing wrong with being her twin....I suppose! ;)
That's Colton, getting dangerously close to being able to open the front door on his own....my only ally....the fact that the door kind of sticks shut...
This was just one Friday afternoon of mushroom hunting....crazy huh?
Jason built Colton a new sandbox....right where there was one when he was a kid on the farm....the kids love it!
They also love to swing....
A kind of picture of my new do...and my child looking at me, with that "Mom, seriously...back off" look on his face...
Jason and Colton playing in the sandbox...
Bathtime...Meredith LOVED the tubtime crayons....she kept saying "cowor" over and over!
Comments
Post a Comment