I can't get over how much Emmalyn is growing and changing. I remember feeling like Colton would never get big, and now, I can hardly remember him as a baby, and it wasn't even that long ago. Can you imagine when these kids are grown up, like, in their teens? I guess now I know how my parents feel!
Emmalyn's really been running Daddy & I through the ringer. Over the course of the last month, she's been fighting a nasty cold -- and after about 3-4 visits back to the doctor, two rounds of antibiotics and the most cruel of all, a chest x-ray...we're FINALLY getting our old smiley, not crabby, happy go lucky baby back!! Now, if only she could master sleeping through the night again...that's our struggle that remains! It was amazing though -- through all her sickness, the kid kept eating! She probably gets that from me...but on October 4th, at her 4 month check up, she weighed in at 17 something (already a big baby for her age) and last week, at her last check-in, she was 19 something -- that's 2lbs in a month! No wonder I have upper body strength!
She is rolling from front to back, playing with her feet, and showing such an interest in Colton. She's reaching and grabbing for things, and is getting gradually better at handling her baby food without making a COMPLETE mess. Jason and I are both tickled to have our less needy baby back -- although the cuddling is something to cherish, trying to keep the household going, while doing nothing but sitting in rocking chair snuggling with baby, typically doesn't work. Oh yeah, and she's kind of sitting up on her own too. Not for long, but she uses that giant belly to her advantage...it's a nice support to keep from falling forward!
We had a mini-photo shoot yesterday while Colton was still napping. They're a little "up close and personal", but hey, caught some great smiles! :) Enjoy!
 |
| Beautiful Baby Emmalyn - 5 months |
 |
| Reaching for her toys |
 |
| Big Girl! Sitting up on her own! |
 |
| Ready to roll over! |
|
|
I goes by so fast.... I can't believe how fast it goes. CJ will be 11 mo. old on Wednesday.
ReplyDeleteShe's a doll!!
Super cute! I love her big, beautiful eyes in the first pic.
ReplyDelete