Skip to main content

All about Em...

I can't get over how much Emmalyn is growing and changing. I remember feeling like Colton would never get big, and now, I can hardly remember him as a baby, and it wasn't even that long ago. Can you imagine when these kids are grown up, like, in their teens? I guess now I know how my parents feel!

Emmalyn's really been running Daddy & I through the ringer. Over the course of the last month, she's been fighting a nasty cold -- and after about 3-4 visits back to the doctor, two rounds of antibiotics and the most cruel of all, a chest x-ray...we're FINALLY getting our old smiley, not crabby, happy go lucky baby back!! Now, if only she could master sleeping through the night again...that's our struggle that remains! It was amazing though -- through all her sickness, the kid kept eating! She probably gets that from me...but on October 4th, at her 4 month check up, she weighed in at 17 something (already a big baby for her age) and last week, at her last check-in, she was 19 something -- that's 2lbs in a month! No wonder I have upper body strength!

She is rolling from front to back, playing with her feet, and showing such an interest in Colton. She's reaching and grabbing for things, and is getting gradually better at handling her baby food without making a COMPLETE mess. Jason and I are both tickled to have our less needy baby back -- although the cuddling is something to cherish, trying to keep the household going, while doing nothing but sitting in rocking chair snuggling with baby, typically doesn't work. Oh yeah, and she's kind of sitting up on her own too. Not for long, but she uses that giant belly to her advantage...it's a nice support to keep from falling forward!

We had a mini-photo shoot yesterday while Colton was still napping. They're a little "up close and personal", but hey, caught some great smiles! :) Enjoy!

Beautiful Baby Emmalyn - 5 months

Reaching for her toys

Big Girl! Sitting up on her own!

Ready to roll over!

Comments

  1. I goes by so fast.... I can't believe how fast it goes. CJ will be 11 mo. old on Wednesday.

    She's a doll!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I love her big, beautiful eyes in the first pic.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Get Well Soon, Grandpa Kent

 Here's the best way to share Dad's video. Thank you all so much for submitting the clips. This really made him smile (and say some funny things the first time we watched soon after anesthesia). I think it will be treasured company this evening in the hospital. Thank you for your prayers, your thoughts, for answering the phone calls and lifting Dad up. We appreciate all your love and support.  58E2238E-D2E3-4B38-9FF6-AE1E502ABD14.mp4

Two + Two + One more = FIVE

Yup, you read that right, by the end of July, the Stockment's will officially be a family of five. Jason and I learned in mid-November that we were expecting our third child and we were both overjoyed with the news. (More so than I thought Jason would be -- he wasn't convinced on having another (or should I say, not as convinced as I was), but once he saw that baby's heartbeating on the monitor at the docs office, he couldn't keep it a secret anymore!!) I convinced Jason to keep our news to immediate family, however, failed to remember that we have a VERY chatty 4 year old, and a 2 year old who repeats everything her big bro says! :) So, we told our families on a Tuesday evening (after our doc appointment that afternoon) and by Thursday, I think half of White County knew. If you attend or drop children off to attend Pam's daycare or Bright Beginnings Preschool, you were amongst the first to know! I had hoped for some elaborate scheme to tell both of our parents ...

Life's Beachy

What a whirlwind month March has been! From the baby reveal to birthday parties (Madi turning 3, Sawyer turning 2 and soon Brad & Debbie!), to Jason working weekend after weekend at his side job, to moving Matt & Sarah into their new home, to Jason getting a new job, to kindergarten round up, to preparing for Florida....whew! Yup, you read that right -- after 14 years with Bouma Betten, Jason is making a jump. He applied for a job with Monsanto in Remington, and was lucky enough to be offered the job just last week. I am so beyond proud of him -- he's not a resume/interview kind of guy, but he put his best foot forward and proved what a hard worker he is. He'll start there as a Seed Tech in mid-April and although it will mean big changes for him (and US!), it will be worth it. The benefits cannot be topped...vacation time, paid time off for sick leave, 401K, health -- all things he didn't have (or did have, but not great) in his current job. It will certainly be a...