I'm cheap. Selfadmitted. I shop at Wal-Mart, and I'm completely okay with it. Well, mostly. (Yes, I put on more than a pair of sweats and a ratty sweatshirt with no bra....and no, I don't let my children eat right out of the box of vanilla wafers we just put into the cart...) I'm a firm believer that you can waste a lot of money at some grocers. If you and I were given the same grocery list or recipe card, I'm pretty sure I can buy a cart full of Great Value products and make a meal that tastes just as good as if I'd brought the products at Marsh. Do I believe that some stores have good sales....sure they do. Just Sunday we spent a load of money at Payless because I talked myself into believing that the 10 for $10 sale was amazing. Except, I think that my hand shuddered a bit as I pulled my $1 can of black beans off the shelf, and saw that the Kroger brand was only $.58 cents. After all, black beans are black beans. However, that's not always true. Somethings you just can't buy offbrand, and I'm willing to admit that. You can't beat Kraft Mac'N'Cheese, Digornios Frozen Pizza, or my new favorite (not a grocery at all, but certainly a staple), laundry detergent and fabric softner.
I've been buying great value brand detergent and softner for years. I always noticed that when Mom would happen to wash the kids clothes (most often when we'd head home with about half as much as we came with after a swimming excursion), that they smelled amazing. I'd pick them up and sniff them before putting them away. Something about that smell, you just can't beat. Except the price. Mom uses Tide, and I just can't make myself spend the money on Tide detergent. I don't have anything against it...I'm obviously a fan. But I'm cheap. My solution? I'll buy a cheaper (not the cheapest) detergent, and then I'll splurge on fabric softner. (After all, that's the smell that sticks, right?)
After sniffing my sweater this morning as I pulled it on, and throughout the day, at least 5 times....I realized that buying Snuggle Exhilirations Blue Iris and Bamboo Silk....was 100% worth the money spent. So...it's worth it to spend a little extra cash here and there, because after all, it's the small things in life that make the biggest differences. Like actually WANTING to sniff your shirt because it smells so good. That's the good life. (And it didn't really cost THAT much...so the cheap in me is happy too!)
I've been buying great value brand detergent and softner for years. I always noticed that when Mom would happen to wash the kids clothes (most often when we'd head home with about half as much as we came with after a swimming excursion), that they smelled amazing. I'd pick them up and sniff them before putting them away. Something about that smell, you just can't beat. Except the price. Mom uses Tide, and I just can't make myself spend the money on Tide detergent. I don't have anything against it...I'm obviously a fan. But I'm cheap. My solution? I'll buy a cheaper (not the cheapest) detergent, and then I'll splurge on fabric softner. (After all, that's the smell that sticks, right?)
After sniffing my sweater this morning as I pulled it on, and throughout the day, at least 5 times....I realized that buying Snuggle Exhilirations Blue Iris and Bamboo Silk....was 100% worth the money spent. So...it's worth it to spend a little extra cash here and there, because after all, it's the small things in life that make the biggest differences. Like actually WANTING to sniff your shirt because it smells so good. That's the good life. (And it didn't really cost THAT much...so the cheap in me is happy too!)
Love it! (because I'm a "cheap" person too) It's always great when you can save a few dollars here and there. Keep it up!
ReplyDelete