Skip to main content

Where does the time go?

For over a month now, I've been telling myself I need to take the time to blog. Guess what....I'm just now making myself do it, and only because a friend of mine talked about setting up her own blog so that she could document the memories of her daughter. The lightbulb went off....oh yeah...that's why I set this blog of to begin with...maybe I better actually DOCUMENT THE MEMORIES we're making!!! And let me tell you...we're making them DAILY around here folks. The things Colton says. The new tricks Emmayln is acquiring daily. The adventures Jason and I are going on. Every day is wild and crazy and new and different, and I wouldn't change one bit of the chaos for anything.

Let's back up to January 4th...ironically, that was the date of my last post. You know how they always say your life can change in a heartbeat. Yeah...that day was like any other day..crazy. We'd done our nightly routine, and after dinner/baths, Em was asleep for the night and Jason was finally showering, I sat down to pay the bills. I'm doing my thing at the computer, and all the sudden, while Jason's in at the sink in the bathroom, I see Colton's head bob up and down from the side of my eye (jumping on the couch), then the next thing I know I hear a loud thud and screaming. I turned to find Jason rushing around the couch and scooping Colton up, and blood just RUNNING down the back of his head/neck. Luckily, Jason was calm, because I was just shaking. A trip to the ER, three staples and a late night later...I think Colton finally learned the morale of that "No more monkey's, jumping on the COUCH" song...
He was a champ though -- here a few shots of him in the ER...
This is the thing they put on his head to clean up the area where it had been bleeding...while in his hospital gown...

Waiting to go home...this is Colton on pain meds, in Daddy's glasses!

So, that was an adventure. Colton's now got an awesome scar on his head, just like Daddy, Uncle Trent and Uncle Matt. Guess he wanted to join the club.

Em's been growing and changing like crazy, including crawling, eating solids (well, soft solids) and getting her first tooth. She's in love with cords....any kind really, she's not picky, and I swear she can spot them from a mile away! She's sleeping through the night and just generally being a really great baby!
I don't have any more cute photos of the kids here at work, and well, quite honestly, I should have left an hour ago since I was here so early, so I'm going to cut out. Hopefully I've got more fun stories to share soon....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Well Soon, Grandpa Kent

 Here's the best way to share Dad's video. Thank you all so much for submitting the clips. This really made him smile (and say some funny things the first time we watched soon after anesthesia). I think it will be treasured company this evening in the hospital. Thank you for your prayers, your thoughts, for answering the phone calls and lifting Dad up. We appreciate all your love and support.  58E2238E-D2E3-4B38-9FF6-AE1E502ABD14.mp4

Covid ... the end. (Hopefully. Maybe. I really don't know....)

 Almost two years ago, exactly, our world drastically changed. Everyone holed up at home, scared to enter the world and catch Covid 19/Corona Virus. (Except Jason, once he got to feeling better from most likely having Covid before it was a known thing, he just went to work everyday like nothing had changed). The world basically shut down  -- special hours, curbside pick up encouraged, no dining room service only drive through or carryout. If someone coughed or sneezed anywhere near you, you were instantly suspicious. Our parents lived on complete edge and worry, taking in every ounce of information the news was constantly throwing in their faces. It was a time of great uncertainty, lots of information being thrown at us from trusted news sources, social media, and hearsay from those in the medical profession.  We spent March to May just trying to figure out our new life. No baseball. No softball. Lots of time with our animals. Lots of crafts. School from home. Porch drop ...

April - Hey Batter, Batter...

April is always the month that makes us think spring is FINALLY here, because it's starting to warm up, suns starting to shine more, except when we finally get to the baseball/softball fields, it's just as cold as it was in February. Thankfully, Emmalyn had an indoor sport to carry us through the cold of the month, until baseball/softball really got kicked off! Emmalyn tried something new this year and participated in CiVic vollebyall. This is a club program out of Carroll County, and she practiced every Sunday from January through April. Finally in late April she had three play dates. One Saturday we played up at Fairmount, IN. Grandma Jacki, Keaton and I went with Emmalyn, while Dad, Grandpa and Colton cut down some trees in preparation for our spring projects. Emmalyn and Mae Ella did a wonderful job for their team, both rocked their serving and seemed to know the game and keep their cool better than some on the team. The second weekend Dad, Em & Mom traveled to Triton H...