It's that time again -- time to share my "out of the mouths of babes" moments. Get ready, there are a few doozies in here...
Let's start with Miss Emmalyn. Yes, she's rapidly expanding her vocabulary and the difference between the first post I did like this (with things colton was saying) and now -- with Emmalyn, is that she's got a 4 1/2 year old teacher.
Emmalyn:
-- "No, bubby. NO!" - typically followed with some kind of swat or kick or martial arts move. She's our fighter.
-- "I non't know"...and what's funny about this one is that sometimes she uses it in context, and sometimes she doesn't. I don't think she even really gets what she's saying, but the fact that she uses the same tone as Colton when he rips out an "I don't know"....when he's in trouble (and he knows it) -- tells me exactly where she's learned this gem.
-- "No, Mommy pitty" -- a personal favorite, if you will.
-- "Daddy MEAN" - another personal favorite....because it's typically accompanied with crossed arms, full-on pouty lips and a whimper here and there. And she'll say it, even when he asks her to bring him the remote (or some other minute task...) but if she doesn't want to do it (or he makes her mad...) she'll whip this out. She can also insert Bubby & Mommy. Unfortunately. ;)
-- Other new words to her little vocabulary are "cheesh" (which is a combo for brush teeth), "pay" for play, "coool" (for school), "me go" (whenever someone says school....), "Cad-dee" for her friend Callie Jo, "wing" for swing, and "cow"!
Colton - well, let's just say his vocabulary is expanding too -- far more than I'd like for it to be sometimes. However, he's been kind of funny lately too (although, I can't let him realize that just yet. Someday...when he's older, he can know I thought it was kind of funny when he was accidently mouthy!)
-- "Grandma, I'm supposed to be apologizing....so, ya. I'm sorry. Love you. Bye" (He called her, unprompted to tell her this. A full day after I got on him for being rude to Grandma on the phone.
-- We had a discussion Sunday on the way home from church because a friends Grandmother had passed away. He asked where she went and thus began the Heaven conversation. He bought every line I fed him about people passing away and going to Heaven and we listed a few people we know are in Heaven and then he randomly says..."ya, dogs go there too. You know, like Murphy." Can't argue that.
-- On the way to Pam's one morning he was trying to get me to recall a TV show we'd watched. He mentioned food train and people being mad becuase they didn't get anyway, and he just kept saying, "Remember mom, that one show....remember?" (The kid has a memory that's better than mine, and if you know me well, that's really saying something...) ANYWAY. I wasn't remembering...and finally, I started to ask another question to hopefully help prompt my memory and he says..."Forget it. I'm done talking about it". HA :)
-- "Mom, I'm actually going to like, like wearing those nice jeans now. I'm not gonna care of they are dusty or not..." -- I'll believe it when I see it!
-- I don't know that I have anything to quote for this -- or probably too many swirling in my head to type them all here -- but my favorite things out of Colton's mouth right now are the sweet sentiments he says to sissy....when he gives her kisses & hugs before bed, when he's helping her brush her teeth or find her shoes or her coat. They really are two peas in a pod and I know, no matter what, he'll always have her back (and the way she fights, she'll probably always have his!)
Colton's still just as excited (as his mom is) about riding wtih Grandpa in the combine and Uncle Trent in the semi as he was last year, and is enjoying helping Daddy get ready for hunting season. He still changes clothes to match the occasion (shorts/cutoff for basketball, jeans/boots for chores/hunting/farming and something inbetween that for school. He's loving school and has all kinds of stories to share once home each evening.
We are loving every minute of the stage these two are in right now. We couldn't be more blessed. (Well, unless I can convince Jason that we still have plenty of room on this farm for at LEAST a third child...)!
Let's start with Miss Emmalyn. Yes, she's rapidly expanding her vocabulary and the difference between the first post I did like this (with things colton was saying) and now -- with Emmalyn, is that she's got a 4 1/2 year old teacher.
Emmalyn:
-- "No, bubby. NO!" - typically followed with some kind of swat or kick or martial arts move. She's our fighter.
-- "I non't know"...and what's funny about this one is that sometimes she uses it in context, and sometimes she doesn't. I don't think she even really gets what she's saying, but the fact that she uses the same tone as Colton when he rips out an "I don't know"....when he's in trouble (and he knows it) -- tells me exactly where she's learned this gem.
-- "No, Mommy pitty" -- a personal favorite, if you will.
-- "Daddy MEAN" - another personal favorite....because it's typically accompanied with crossed arms, full-on pouty lips and a whimper here and there. And she'll say it, even when he asks her to bring him the remote (or some other minute task...) but if she doesn't want to do it (or he makes her mad...) she'll whip this out. She can also insert Bubby & Mommy. Unfortunately. ;)
-- Other new words to her little vocabulary are "cheesh" (which is a combo for brush teeth), "pay" for play, "coool" (for school), "me go" (whenever someone says school....), "Cad-dee" for her friend Callie Jo, "wing" for swing, and "cow"!
Colton - well, let's just say his vocabulary is expanding too -- far more than I'd like for it to be sometimes. However, he's been kind of funny lately too (although, I can't let him realize that just yet. Someday...when he's older, he can know I thought it was kind of funny when he was accidently mouthy!)
-- "Grandma, I'm supposed to be apologizing....so, ya. I'm sorry. Love you. Bye" (He called her, unprompted to tell her this. A full day after I got on him for being rude to Grandma on the phone.
-- We had a discussion Sunday on the way home from church because a friends Grandmother had passed away. He asked where she went and thus began the Heaven conversation. He bought every line I fed him about people passing away and going to Heaven and we listed a few people we know are in Heaven and then he randomly says..."ya, dogs go there too. You know, like Murphy." Can't argue that.
-- On the way to Pam's one morning he was trying to get me to recall a TV show we'd watched. He mentioned food train and people being mad becuase they didn't get anyway, and he just kept saying, "Remember mom, that one show....remember?" (The kid has a memory that's better than mine, and if you know me well, that's really saying something...) ANYWAY. I wasn't remembering...and finally, I started to ask another question to hopefully help prompt my memory and he says..."Forget it. I'm done talking about it". HA :)
-- "Mom, I'm actually going to like, like wearing those nice jeans now. I'm not gonna care of they are dusty or not..." -- I'll believe it when I see it!
-- I don't know that I have anything to quote for this -- or probably too many swirling in my head to type them all here -- but my favorite things out of Colton's mouth right now are the sweet sentiments he says to sissy....when he gives her kisses & hugs before bed, when he's helping her brush her teeth or find her shoes or her coat. They really are two peas in a pod and I know, no matter what, he'll always have her back (and the way she fights, she'll probably always have his!)
Colton's still just as excited (as his mom is) about riding wtih Grandpa in the combine and Uncle Trent in the semi as he was last year, and is enjoying helping Daddy get ready for hunting season. He still changes clothes to match the occasion (shorts/cutoff for basketball, jeans/boots for chores/hunting/farming and something inbetween that for school. He's loving school and has all kinds of stories to share once home each evening.
We are loving every minute of the stage these two are in right now. We couldn't be more blessed. (Well, unless I can convince Jason that we still have plenty of room on this farm for at LEAST a third child...)!
Comments
Post a Comment