Skip to main content

An Interview with Emmalyn....sort of.

Well, as promised (Aunt Kris, thanks for reminding me...ha) I did an interview with Emmalyn this morning, just as I did with Colton. Please keep in mind that she's 2, and then some. I wouldn't even say 2 1/2 yet...(until next month, anyway). And, she's got a very talkative older brother who was trying to "help" his baby sister through the interview....so this was somewhat less than successful, but we had fun none-the-less. Enjoy.

My name is: Me.

I am "two" years old.

The yummiest food to eat is: "Apples"

My favorite show to watch is: .....long pause. I'm fairly certain she had no idea what I was asking...finally, Colton helped, and she replied with his response, "Zoomi" -- for Team Umi Zoomi.

I love when I get to read: ........again. Blank stares. When I asked if she liked Fancy Nancy, she replied, "dat book".

The best thing about Pam's is: (since she's not in school...) "Callie. Ryne. Addi."

The worst thing about school is: "Apples". (She's having a love affair with apples right now...)

The coolest person on earth is: "Callie" (Callie Kirk -- Josh & Betsy's girl...she loves baby Callie)

I am really super good at: "Babies"

My favorite color is: "Pink. Poo-ple"

The best place in the world to be is: "Park"

When I grow up, I want to: "baby" -- she's loving playing Mommy/Babies right now.

I really, really do not like to eat: "Apples" (Yes, that was her favorite...so Colton prompted her) "Carrots" (although, she likes carrots...so not sure about this one....

 My best friend is: "Addi. Addie Mean" -- she apparently likes mean friends! :)

Jesus is: "Apples" -- I have no idea.....this is where I stopped the quiz. I felt it was getting too deep and really, she only kept saying Apples. We'll try again in a few months...

Playing in brothers football helmet pre-Halloween.


Ornery Emmalyn.
Other things out of this cute little boogers mouth:

"Bubby - me. Gator. No" -- Apparently, that translates to "I don't want to ride the gator with my brother".

"Daddy. MEAN"....when she isn't getting what she wants. You can also insert Bubby or Mommy into that sentence.

"Me. Ook. Apples. Babies" -- This means she's cookies apples for her babies.

"Right Now." -- she's got this one down super clear. And uses it in context.

"All night long" -- she'll often say, "My jammies. All night long"....not sure why, but it's cute.

Em is certainly learning new words and phrases every day -- she's growing and changing and becoming such a young lady -- hard to believe how fast these past 2 years have gone. Loving every minute.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Well Soon, Grandpa Kent

 Here's the best way to share Dad's video. Thank you all so much for submitting the clips. This really made him smile (and say some funny things the first time we watched soon after anesthesia). I think it will be treasured company this evening in the hospital. Thank you for your prayers, your thoughts, for answering the phone calls and lifting Dad up. We appreciate all your love and support.  58E2238E-D2E3-4B38-9FF6-AE1E502ABD14.mp4

Two + Two + One more = FIVE

Yup, you read that right, by the end of July, the Stockment's will officially be a family of five. Jason and I learned in mid-November that we were expecting our third child and we were both overjoyed with the news. (More so than I thought Jason would be -- he wasn't convinced on having another (or should I say, not as convinced as I was), but once he saw that baby's heartbeating on the monitor at the docs office, he couldn't keep it a secret anymore!!) I convinced Jason to keep our news to immediate family, however, failed to remember that we have a VERY chatty 4 year old, and a 2 year old who repeats everything her big bro says! :) So, we told our families on a Tuesday evening (after our doc appointment that afternoon) and by Thursday, I think half of White County knew. If you attend or drop children off to attend Pam's daycare or Bright Beginnings Preschool, you were amongst the first to know! I had hoped for some elaborate scheme to tell both of our parents ...

Life's Beachy

What a whirlwind month March has been! From the baby reveal to birthday parties (Madi turning 3, Sawyer turning 2 and soon Brad & Debbie!), to Jason working weekend after weekend at his side job, to moving Matt & Sarah into their new home, to Jason getting a new job, to kindergarten round up, to preparing for Florida....whew! Yup, you read that right -- after 14 years with Bouma Betten, Jason is making a jump. He applied for a job with Monsanto in Remington, and was lucky enough to be offered the job just last week. I am so beyond proud of him -- he's not a resume/interview kind of guy, but he put his best foot forward and proved what a hard worker he is. He'll start there as a Seed Tech in mid-April and although it will mean big changes for him (and US!), it will be worth it. The benefits cannot be topped...vacation time, paid time off for sick leave, 401K, health -- all things he didn't have (or did have, but not great) in his current job. It will certainly be a...