It's so hard to believe that Thanksgiving has come and gone. 2012 has surely passed us by too quickly, which they say time does. However, they say that with the older you get, and I'm not letting myself believe that I'm getting any older! :)
We had a wonderful holiday weekend complete with lots of time with family and friends! On Wednesday evening, I kicked off my long holiday weekend by doing last minute shopping (read: committing Thanksgiving suicide by entering the grocery store post 5pm on the night before the big day!), then had a fun night out with Mom, Dad & Trent. We cheered the Boilers on to victory, which is one of my favorite things to do! There's just something about Mackey Arena that fires me up! I've always said I'd love to work there...maybe someday!
Thursday was Thanksgiving with the Hancock's at Mom & Dad's house. We had a wonderful day, full of great food!
 |
| Mom teased me that I should arrange my veg tray like a turkey -- Joke was on Mom! :) |
 |
| Pre-Thanksgiving Crafts |
The kids had a ball playing with their cousins, although I think Colton got an education. He later informed me that he played with, "Jacob, you know, the one I share blood with" -- took me more than a few seconds to figure out what he meant by that -- but I'm fairly certain we determined that because they are related, they have the same bloodlines. Uncle Jacob, apparently you aren't blood.....????? Dad stepped up to the babysitter plate Friday morning (by keeping the kids over night) so that Mom & I could hit the mall for the deals and Jason could "provide for his family"...aka, hunt.
Mom & I met up with Aunt Nina, Aunt Dee and Laura at 7am Friday at JCPenney, and I'm fairly certain, Aunt Nina and I were the only ones happy to be doing some deal searching. That, or everyone else was lacking caffeine. By about 10am, I think they'd woken up a bit and were more "into it"...or maybe it was because the lines had thinned. Either way -- we refueled at Don Pablos with Aunt Karla, Kayla and Uncle Jack who were also out deal finding. Mom & I called it quits about 3:30pm and were pooped! Of course, my day couldn't be done that easily -- Jason had made plans for our friends, the Wieses to come down for supper. Thankfully, Krystle had been out shopping too, so we ordered pizza and sat on the couch and visited! The kids played well together - it's fun knowing Colton & Wyatt could be classmates next Fall!
Saturday the kids and I worked around the house, putting up decorations. Emmalyn was full of spunk...
 |
| Attitude. Unposed. |
That evening, we went to the Maxwell's for the Stockment side Thanksgiving feast. Again, the kids played HARD with their cousins and crashed again that evening. We snuck in the opportunity to do a Thanksgiving craft with the cousins and of course, then came a photo op!
 |
| Em's Turkey Headband. |
 |
| She wasn't exactly cooperative for group pictures.... |
 |
| Colton, Issac & Kate (my phone was not taking good pics, amongst the paparazzi of aunts & cousins!) |
 |
| Final attempt -- crazy turkey's! |
Sunday morning, the kids awoke to find a friend had come back to visit. "Kid" the elf (on the shelf) has propped up in the bathroom, ready to watch over the kids. Santa even sent a note with Kid, along with a gift of new toothbrushes, because the kiddos have been doing such a great job brushing their teeth!
Sunday was hunting for Jason and working around the house for the kids and I, noon church and our final thanksgiving feast with the Robinson clan! More cousin time meant a 2 hour nap for Em (and a delayed bedtime) and a crash nap with Dad while hunting for Colton!
 |
| Jason said he tried so hard to stay awake while being quiet...but he just couldn't do it! |
We continue to count our blessings, and are so grateful that there are so many!
Comments
Post a Comment