Skip to main content

Easter 2014

I can hardly believe that Easter has come and gone, and that it's nearly May. Weren't we just stuck in a snowstorm after Christmas? Aren't we still living the moving Frozen and fighting to get out from under a nasty Winter? Somedays I feel like I'm waking up in a dream!

Easter weekend was....in a word...exhausting. But, that said, it was the best kind of exhausting. Two days of glorious outside weather. A lot of family. Good food. Candy. Lots of candy. And three kids who hunted more eggs than we have any idea what to do with...

We hosted the Robinson Family at our house on Saturday -- so Thursday-Saturday were spent prepping for that party. What a great excuse to get our house cleaned up -- and we could not have done it without the help of Brad, Jacki and Jacob! You can actually SEE out of our windows again and my house -- feels fabulous! It was a great turnout, beautiful weather, and an all around good time. I hope the original 5 siblings enjoyed being "home" again.

Grandma got some snuggles!

Egg hunter!

On a mission to get the most eggs!

Aunt Jess giving Emmalyn a secret tip about where to find an egg...

Uncle Jacob assisting in the "stop" with Colton from stealing Em's egg!

Gang's (mostly) all here.

Snuggles from my babe!

Love this kiddo!

How could you not?

It wasn't me mom...

I swear...
Sunday we were up with the... okay...WAY before the sun. The Easter bunny had been to our house, so the kids did their best to clean up his mess. "Mom, the Easter Bunny is a really bad hider"...according to Colton. I informed him that the bunny just leaves eggs (Robin's Eggs) were he sniffs out places to leave the goodie basket. Thankfully, they found it! :)
Colton found the high ones...

Sleepy Emmalyn still hunting...

She found the basket!

Colton wasn't quite as excited as Emmalyn...at first.

Oh, okay..there is something for me!

Mr. Too Cool.
We were in Remington by 8am for mass with Mom & Dad, then back to their house to enjoy their Easter baskets with cousin Harry.
Colton is in a "don't take my picture, I'll ruin it" phase...I hope it's a phase...

This is lady-like, right?

Post-chaos.

Swim towels with hoods, bouncy balls, candy & lovin's!

Fun on the front porch!

Always smiling!
Next stop was Aunt Wendy and Uncle Barry's for the Hancock side! What a great afternoon to be outside and play some old's vs. young's baseball! Colton LOVED that part of the day!

Batter up!

Best place in the world for a nap!

Harry, mid-egg-hunt!

All the kiddos!

Counting their eggs!

Keaton wanted to play too!
Our last stop of the day/weekend was the Stockment side at Aunt Debbie & Uncle John's. The kids played hard to round out their day, and crashed (and burned) when we got home. It was melt-down city by 8:15pm last night, but we had such a great weekend. Tonight might be a 7pm bedtime to recuperate!
The little bugs are 1 month apart...and sure to be trouble! (Keaton & Brooks Benakovich)

Huntin more eggs!

Down to a science by now!

Ryder & Keaton fighting for their last eggs!

Keaton finding an egg!

Not getting it...

Love these boys!

Keaton & cousin Meredith

Keaton & Kate!

Happy, Happy, Happy!
Happy Easter, everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Well Soon, Grandpa Kent

 Here's the best way to share Dad's video. Thank you all so much for submitting the clips. This really made him smile (and say some funny things the first time we watched soon after anesthesia). I think it will be treasured company this evening in the hospital. Thank you for your prayers, your thoughts, for answering the phone calls and lifting Dad up. We appreciate all your love and support.  58E2238E-D2E3-4B38-9FF6-AE1E502ABD14.mp4

Covid ... the end. (Hopefully. Maybe. I really don't know....)

 Almost two years ago, exactly, our world drastically changed. Everyone holed up at home, scared to enter the world and catch Covid 19/Corona Virus. (Except Jason, once he got to feeling better from most likely having Covid before it was a known thing, he just went to work everyday like nothing had changed). The world basically shut down  -- special hours, curbside pick up encouraged, no dining room service only drive through or carryout. If someone coughed or sneezed anywhere near you, you were instantly suspicious. Our parents lived on complete edge and worry, taking in every ounce of information the news was constantly throwing in their faces. It was a time of great uncertainty, lots of information being thrown at us from trusted news sources, social media, and hearsay from those in the medical profession.  We spent March to May just trying to figure out our new life. No baseball. No softball. Lots of time with our animals. Lots of crafts. School from home. Porch drop ...

Central Indiana Winter Spectacular

 We kicked off show season with this set of calves in mid-January at the Central Indiana Winter Spectacular, a first time show down in Cloverdale, Indiana. I'm not sure what was more fun - being with our kids and friends at a cattle show, or listening to our kids meddle over the thought of staying in a Motel 6.  (Backstory on this one -- when I worked at Purdue/in the Conference division, I held a few conference at The Hyatt in downtown Indianapolis. When I had events there, I'd earn points. We then would use those points for free night stays....I think I had maybe 15 or so over the years. So, the only hotel my kids know, is a Hyatt, because unbeknownst to them, it was FREE.....which is the ONLY reason we stayed in such a nice place with young kids. So, imagine their dismay when the Motel 6 in Cloverdale didn't have an Eagles Nest rotating up top, or an indoor pool and hot tub/workout area. We have officially raised hotel snobs.....because when we finally took them to the k...