Well - we've officially kicked off another baseball season. This Momma had to take a big deep breath -- as much as I wanted Colton to move up to the next league, I was quite okay with the simple schedule that tee-ball offered. One or two practices a week, and then a game on Saturday. It was EASY. Colton's now 6 years old, and several of his buddies were moving up to Pinto....so he tried out, and made the jump as well. Now we're talking 2-3 GAMES a week (although, no practices...so that's good. I think?!). And as much as it's more work for Jason and I to gather three kids and get home from work and pack a tailgate bag with enough necessities to keep Keaton entertained for week and then get back to the ballfield....it's been totally worth it. The skill jump these kids have made in one year is amazing, and since they are playing by the rules (rather than just batting through the lineup)it's actually entertaining to watch...something worth cheering for!
And I must say, though partial, I'm so proud of Colton. He's doing great at bat and focusing and staying involved in the game and has made a few great plays on the field. He's improving. He's trying and we always tell him before every game: Colton, do your..."best". Cheer for your..."teammates" And have..."fun". And that's just what we are all doing -- cheering for the whole team and having a whole lot of fun. Even Emmalyn -- she's loving that Annabelle and Charlotte are at each game. They've become fast friends and are adorable little sideline cheerleaders! And Keaton - -he's been a real sport about pushing his supper time back to cheer on his big brother...even if he has napped through a few games!
 |
| Picture Day! |
 |
| Batting Pratice |
 |
| Cutest little cheerleaders - matching shirts, bows & flip flops! |
 |
| If there are snacks, I'm happy! |
 |
| Rained out? Can't stop our fun! Roberts in Americus with some teammates! |
 |
| Crazy cuties! |
 |
| Catching a movie mid-game! |
Comments
Post a Comment