Skip to main content

Tri-County Vs. Frontier

The day I met Jason, this battle was born. Growing up Cavalier meant that the Frontier Falcons were one of our arch enemies...it was either them or the South Newton Rebels. (Funny though, looking back now, most of our "other school" friends...were either Falcons or Rebels....go figure!) Regardless...it has been a joke from the very beginning....Falcon or Cavalier. Both sets of parents hesitant to give up their "comfortable" school colors in the name of cheering on a future grandchild.

"Hey, how's those Fal-coons do last nigh at the game, I missed the score"

"Better than the Caval-queers"

Banter like this, followed by laughs can often be heard, still, at family get together's where both sides are present.

The future is now. We're raising....eh hem....little Falcons. It's taken me nearly 10 years ago adjust to that fact. That Royal & Red are no longer my "colors", but rather Red & Black. I'm a little bit okay with this, because black is slimming.

Last week, Colton brought me home my first official piece of reality.
I'm still adjusting....
Fast forward to this morning. A typical run of the mill, get kids ready for school, fix breakfast, brush hair, change a diaper, make a bottle, pack their bags, pack myself, don't forget your underwear kind of morning. After a long cold winter of Colton begging to wear shorts...I caved and said yes. It's supposed to be near 70, and there are worse things he could be begging for me to allow....so I said yes. All was well. I was an awesome Mom. And then he realized he didn't have any clean tall black socks.

All hell broke lose. All. Hell. Broke. Loose!

There were tears. There were arguments. There was the loss of the "privilege" to wear shorts. There was the threat to take Baseball away. Then, like a ton of bricks...this happened.

Mom - "Colton, seriously, this is RIDICULOUS. It's FINE to wear white socks. It's not dorky, it's not uncool, you will be fine"

Colton - "Well. Well maybe it was cool at Tri-County..."

I was floored. And fascinated. And trying my hardest to not bust out laughing. This child of ours is incredibly observant and knows how to whip things like this out in his defense FAR before his years. Don't most 6 year olds still wear spiderman underwear and enjoy coloring?

So. Future Colton. Excuse your stupid Cavalier of a Mom for thinking it'd be COOL to wear white socks with shorts at Frontier. How dare I even think such a thing.

And Mamps & Paps....better start buying some Falcon gear, because I know a 6 year old who will call you out for being UNCOOL if you show up to support him in anything "Cavalier" related. Luckily, Grandma Jacki & Grandpa Brad are safe....they already believe in the black & red!

Comments