School is finally feeling like our normal routine again (thankfully!) and we're cranking along through the week, hoping to make it to Friday each week. We love jam-packing our weekends, as that is the most time we get to spend with our kids. It's amazing how fast 5:30-8pm goes on a week night, by the time you add in homework, dinner, baths, reading logs and laundry....if I'm even that lucky. Let alone, time to snuggle, read a book & interact with the kids. Today, I wanted to take a minute to just be thankful for you kids. I realize I write a lot about the chaos of life right now, and don't get me wrong, it's certainly chaotic...but everyone promises me that someday, I'll miss this. So, I'm going to stop for a minute and enjoy it. Enjoy you, kiddos!
I'm thankful that both kids, Colton & Emmalyn, are THRIVING in school so far. Colton you are an amazing math student, which is so fun for us, because Jason and I are both completely reliant on a calculator! I am so thankful it comes easy to you!! (Yes, I realize you are only in 1st grade! HA) You are also mastering your behavior, which might be what I'm most proud of. Last year we had a LOT of talks about how to control ourselves, etc, and this week, for example, you have been on the highest possible behavior mark (outstanding) 3 times!! We're shooting for 4 times today! :) Colton, you are totally into basketball in the dining room, riding your ripstick, taking your sisters bike, helping Dad split wood, and wearing kahki shorts & short black socks right now. You're an awesome eater, not picky in the slightest, and are making your breakfast in the mornings, which is a HUGE help for me. Thank you, for being spunky little you. You still love to snuggle occasionally, and I treasure that....you'll always be my first baby!
 |
| You promised you could stay up until midnight. This was 10pm....not quite yet baby boy! |
 |
| Such a great student! |
 |
| The hat is questionable, but the smile....perfect! |
Emmalyn is loving her new preschool, which is focused on learning through play. We often find you upstairs in the toy room, pretending to be Miss Amber. That HAS to be a good sign that you are loving it. You are trying to read along with me at night and love to show off and write your own name. It's amazing how much they learn, at such a young age! Emmy, you're a hoot right now. You have so much to say, and your little personality is just shining. You love to laugh, love to be with your big brother, and love to mother hen Keaton, though he practically weighs as much as you do! You are NOT happy when Colton picks at you, or eats the last of the French Toast Sticks...
 |
| Love how peaceful you are when you sleep! |
All jokes aside, you are tons of fun right now. You're a great help around the house, take pride in what you do, and are thankfully very easy going. Except when we forget your breakfast. You really, really, really are particular about your breakfast! :)
 |
| Selfie while having a girls-night-in...with Keaton! :) |
 |
| Just chillin. Under the bar in the living room... |
Keaton -- well, dear Keaton, you are the one giving me the most run for my money these days. Thank goodness you still love to snuggle, give kisses and smile as big as day, because otherwise, you would be living in the dog house with Ava. You are into EVERYTHING. Everything meaning, on my table in the dining room, on the table in the kitchen, into the cabinets in the bathroom, into the art cabinet, under the bar...
Life has been fun. It's been chaotic. I've probably lost my cool with each of you, more than I should have. I let frustration and exhaustion win, but I hope you all three know that no matter how grouchy I might be in the run of a day, you are my world. You make me laugh. You make me cry. You make me crazy. You make me proud. You make me happy. You make me & Dad complete. We love you more than you'll ever know!!
Comments
Post a Comment