It's a new year. Time to start fresh. Our babies will turn 7, 5 & 2 this year. Jason and I will celebrate 10 years of marriage. (If we make it to July...haha). Emmalyn will start Kindergarten. Colton will move on to 2nd grade. Keaton will chill out (right, he will..surely? I mean, terrible twos don't have anything on the past 18 months, right? PLEASE?!?!)
Where oh where does the time go. 2014 was good to us in so many ways. We are blessed beyond measure, and thankfully, the good Lord keeps blessing our family. Our kids are growing and reaching new heights daily. Jason's job is steady and he's really enjoying it. My work is good, my boss is amazing, and I'm learning how to manage (slowly) three kids, a school routine and a fulltime job. It's not easy (ask Mom, she hears a LOT of the complaining. As do my three very best gals..Stac, Nat & Linds.), but I'm finding peace in letting some things go (like Facebook and the grip of constant social media in my face.....and laundry), and making time for more important things (like actually doing some of the craft projects and science experiments I've been pinning for the last year). We're making time for date nights or date days, and we're learning to relish in a Friday night at home. Just the 5 of us. With a movie & popcorn. That no one watches because they will not sit still to watch a movie in it's entirety. But were working on it....
2015 has so much promise. Em should start Kindergarten in the fall. Colton hopes to enjoy another summer of baseball. Em's not sure she's ready to jump on the t-ball train, and I'm kind of okay with that. Keaton is slowly getting to a point where he can communicate with us, which is just awesome. Right now he's mastered shaking his head yes & no, and will even shrug his shoulders from time to time. It's pretty hysterical. And I get to watch my best friend raise her very first babies....twin boys! Oh the fun that's in store for them!
Here's to a new year. Another try to be the best parents we can be. To welcoming a new niece or hopefully (for the sake of us being godparents!), nephew into our family. Another chance to forgive and be forgiven. Another chance to teach our kids that faith, hope and love are the most important things in this world. Another day to hunt that elusive big buck. Another day to actually finish the dress I bought material for last spring. Another day to laugh at the random crazy things our kids say. Another day to be frustrated, exhausted, pushed to the last drop....but blessed because we have three healthy, happy babies that are able to push us to those points.
2015...we can't wait to see what you have in store. Cheers to the best days ahead!
Where oh where does the time go. 2014 was good to us in so many ways. We are blessed beyond measure, and thankfully, the good Lord keeps blessing our family. Our kids are growing and reaching new heights daily. Jason's job is steady and he's really enjoying it. My work is good, my boss is amazing, and I'm learning how to manage (slowly) three kids, a school routine and a fulltime job. It's not easy (ask Mom, she hears a LOT of the complaining. As do my three very best gals..Stac, Nat & Linds.), but I'm finding peace in letting some things go (like Facebook and the grip of constant social media in my face.....and laundry), and making time for more important things (like actually doing some of the craft projects and science experiments I've been pinning for the last year). We're making time for date nights or date days, and we're learning to relish in a Friday night at home. Just the 5 of us. With a movie & popcorn. That no one watches because they will not sit still to watch a movie in it's entirety. But were working on it....
2015 has so much promise. Em should start Kindergarten in the fall. Colton hopes to enjoy another summer of baseball. Em's not sure she's ready to jump on the t-ball train, and I'm kind of okay with that. Keaton is slowly getting to a point where he can communicate with us, which is just awesome. Right now he's mastered shaking his head yes & no, and will even shrug his shoulders from time to time. It's pretty hysterical. And I get to watch my best friend raise her very first babies....twin boys! Oh the fun that's in store for them!
Here's to a new year. Another try to be the best parents we can be. To welcoming a new niece or hopefully (for the sake of us being godparents!), nephew into our family. Another chance to forgive and be forgiven. Another chance to teach our kids that faith, hope and love are the most important things in this world. Another day to hunt that elusive big buck. Another day to actually finish the dress I bought material for last spring. Another day to laugh at the random crazy things our kids say. Another day to be frustrated, exhausted, pushed to the last drop....but blessed because we have three healthy, happy babies that are able to push us to those points.
2015...we can't wait to see what you have in store. Cheers to the best days ahead!
Comments
Post a Comment