Typically, Emmalyn is my tom-boy. She loves a good dress, but also loves her carhart overalls, her cowgirl boots and hunting with Dad. The only princesses she knows are Elsa & Anna, and perhaps Cinderella, on a good day...though she's never watched the movie from start to finish.
Earlier this winter, the photographer who did our family photos this summer, posted about doing a "Princess Day", complete with princess outfits, hair & make up....and of course, photos! Since our niece Madi (3 months older than Emmalyn) is dressed in princess wear pretty much 24/7, I thought it'd be a fun day for our little girls to spend together.
What a day it was. Madi did not stop grinning. Emmalyn loved wearing make up. They both looked ADORABLE as Elsa (of course they both had to be Elsa....IS there another princess right now!?!?). And to our surprise, they got to dress up as not only one princess, but two. SO. MUCH. FUN. Even for Aunt Jess & I. Though, we didn't get our hair & make up done...or wear princess gear. Still fun to see our baby girls smiling and enjoying themselves.
These are some of our favorites from the day.
.jpg) |
| Princess Elsa |
.jpg) |
| Trying to blow stars off her hands into the camera....we for sure thought she'd have enough hot air... |
.jpg) |
| Brown Eyed Girl |
.jpg) |
| Cousins & Friends |
.jpg) |
| My favorite. |
.jpg) |
| Diva Attitude. |
.jpg) |
| Another favorite. |
.jpg) |
| We finally brought of George, and she started grinning that real ornery grin we know! |
I'm not one to really promote the princess stuff for a young girl. I'm glad Em's an even mix of tom-boy and girly girl. I'm thankful we're not frilly & fluff all the time....but boy are days like this fun. I'm scared now to know what proms & formal dances will be like....because I'm pretty sure these pics made Daddy & Grandpa's a little weak in the knees!!
Thanks for the fun day Emmalyn. And thanks for completely melting my heart, when we left Aunt Jess's, and you said, "That was a really fun day Mom!"..............Love you sweet girl!
Comments
Post a Comment