Here lately, I feel like I could write a book of all the hilarious things spewing out of you kids mouths.....daily. Every single day you're saying something that either leaves us laughing, scratching our heads, and hiding our laughter until we can rehash your hilariousness when you're not there to understand WHY you are funny.
For example....Colton, as your little 1st grade mind bends, shapes & grows, you can often be found rhyming words. For example, how you made up the "deaner, weiner" chant....then got mad at your sister for calling you that. You started it. Sorry. Not sorry.
Or, the one that really took your Dad and I by surprise....we were having a nice dinner conversation, and honestly, for the life of me I cannot remember what was said prior to this (probably because I'm still in shock you even said it...), but as you picked up your plate to walk to the kitchen, your rhyming words led you to say, "Okay. Skanks!".........perhaps you were rhyming with Thanks? (A mother can hold out hope....can't she?) Your Dad got the biggest eyes, and stifled a laugh, and I asked what you said again, and you obliged, then we talked about how that really wasn't a kind word, and you probably better not use that rhyme again. You weren't sure why, and I just finished with, "let's just say if you said that in school, your teacher would call it a cuss word. It's just not a very nice word at all"....which was enough for you. Thank goodness.
Emmalyn -- you can't be left behind on this post. You really got me the other morning, when, over our breakfast cereal you proudly, seriously announced: "Mom......when I get older, I'm not going to play with balls. I mean, you can get sweaty when you play with balls, and getting sweaty, is...GROSS.....so I'm not going to play like, basketball or baseball or any of those balls." Milk nearly came out of my nose from stifling my giggles. Your innocence is amazing.
I love hearing new, bigger words come out of each of your mouths. I love hearing you surprise me with things like, "Thanks for a fun night Mom!" or "That was a fun day Mom", unprompted. Perhaps my nagging about being gracious is finally sinking in some.
Colton, you told me how a certain teacher wasn't nice, because she wasn't saying nice things about a student in your class, and that teachers should be "concouraging, Mom, and she was not encouraging him! Why would he want to do better if she's just going to be mean?"............which is so observant of you. You also speak a lot of the kids in your school who may not have the best lives at home...and you are observant of their situations. You have a big heart, Colton, and I hope you choose to always be a champion and friend to those kids who just need to know love and "concouragement".
Emmalyn -- I love hearing you talk about school. You are so proud of your work, and love to mimic your teacher.
You two definitely keep us on our toes, and as much as we hear Keaton making noises, and yelling, "BAH!" or shaking his head yes or no...I can't imagine how LOUD our house will become over the next year -- but we wouldn't have it any other way. Most days! :)
For example....Colton, as your little 1st grade mind bends, shapes & grows, you can often be found rhyming words. For example, how you made up the "deaner, weiner" chant....then got mad at your sister for calling you that. You started it. Sorry. Not sorry.
Or, the one that really took your Dad and I by surprise....we were having a nice dinner conversation, and honestly, for the life of me I cannot remember what was said prior to this (probably because I'm still in shock you even said it...), but as you picked up your plate to walk to the kitchen, your rhyming words led you to say, "Okay. Skanks!".........perhaps you were rhyming with Thanks? (A mother can hold out hope....can't she?) Your Dad got the biggest eyes, and stifled a laugh, and I asked what you said again, and you obliged, then we talked about how that really wasn't a kind word, and you probably better not use that rhyme again. You weren't sure why, and I just finished with, "let's just say if you said that in school, your teacher would call it a cuss word. It's just not a very nice word at all"....which was enough for you. Thank goodness.
Emmalyn -- you can't be left behind on this post. You really got me the other morning, when, over our breakfast cereal you proudly, seriously announced: "Mom......when I get older, I'm not going to play with balls. I mean, you can get sweaty when you play with balls, and getting sweaty, is...GROSS.....so I'm not going to play like, basketball or baseball or any of those balls." Milk nearly came out of my nose from stifling my giggles. Your innocence is amazing.
I love hearing new, bigger words come out of each of your mouths. I love hearing you surprise me with things like, "Thanks for a fun night Mom!" or "That was a fun day Mom", unprompted. Perhaps my nagging about being gracious is finally sinking in some.
Colton, you told me how a certain teacher wasn't nice, because she wasn't saying nice things about a student in your class, and that teachers should be "concouraging, Mom, and she was not encouraging him! Why would he want to do better if she's just going to be mean?"............which is so observant of you. You also speak a lot of the kids in your school who may not have the best lives at home...and you are observant of their situations. You have a big heart, Colton, and I hope you choose to always be a champion and friend to those kids who just need to know love and "concouragement".
Emmalyn -- I love hearing you talk about school. You are so proud of your work, and love to mimic your teacher.
You two definitely keep us on our toes, and as much as we hear Keaton making noises, and yelling, "BAH!" or shaking his head yes or no...I can't imagine how LOUD our house will become over the next year -- but we wouldn't have it any other way. Most days! :)
Comments
Post a Comment