February has gone by in a blink -- we've been keeping plenty busy! Poor Colton's 7th birthday gift was another "date day" with Mom & Dad, and we haven't even gotten to go on that date yet....our weekends have been too packed!
The first weekend of the month Jason was involved in a coyote hunting contest and gone pretty much all weekend. We had a playdate with Emery & Abby and kept Reid for Lindsay while she worked. I ended up winning tickets to the Brad Paisley concert at Purdue and had a girls night out with Nat. And last but not least, Lucy, our newest niece was baptized!!Oh, and Keaton was his typical crazy self, and the big kids did a post-Keaton-bedtime craft for Valentines day!
And that was just the first weekend! :) The second weekend we hung around home, then Jason and I had a date night to see The Flying Toasters with a big group of friends. FUN Valentines Day! Sunday we spent most of the day with my parents at church/breakfast (getting the kids back from them) and then Colton and I had a date to the Purdue game!
Then it kind of all went downhill.....with Emmalyn getting sick, and Keaton breaking his collarbone, and Emmalyn going through a phase where she doesn't want to go to school.....you know. #lifehappens
But hey -- by Friday, Colton spent the night with Wyatt for his very first sleepover at a friends house, and he did GREAT. Emmalyn, Keaton, Daddy & I had a fishsticks and Frozen party. Only after Emmalyn helped Dad with cattle chores........................or napped in his truck!
You kids certainly keep us on our toes. Thank you for the smiles, chaos, and most of all, LOVE. We wouldn't be anything if it weren't for you!
The first weekend of the month Jason was involved in a coyote hunting contest and gone pretty much all weekend. We had a playdate with Emery & Abby and kept Reid for Lindsay while she worked. I ended up winning tickets to the Brad Paisley concert at Purdue and had a girls night out with Nat. And last but not least, Lucy, our newest niece was baptized!!Oh, and Keaton was his typical crazy self, and the big kids did a post-Keaton-bedtime craft for Valentines day!
And that was just the first weekend! :) The second weekend we hung around home, then Jason and I had a date night to see The Flying Toasters with a big group of friends. FUN Valentines Day! Sunday we spent most of the day with my parents at church/breakfast (getting the kids back from them) and then Colton and I had a date to the Purdue game!
Then it kind of all went downhill.....with Emmalyn getting sick, and Keaton breaking his collarbone, and Emmalyn going through a phase where she doesn't want to go to school.....you know. #lifehappens
But hey -- by Friday, Colton spent the night with Wyatt for his very first sleepover at a friends house, and he did GREAT. Emmalyn, Keaton, Daddy & I had a fishsticks and Frozen party. Only after Emmalyn helped Dad with cattle chores........................or napped in his truck!
You kids certainly keep us on our toes. Thank you for the smiles, chaos, and most of all, LOVE. We wouldn't be anything if it weren't for you!
Don't you love how fast the month can go when trying to squeeze one special date in on a weekend? And what's this little blurp about a broken bone? I hope he heals quickly!
ReplyDelete