18 months, and you've already mastered climbing out of your crib. You did it once at the beginning of December while Mom was out of town, but we chalked it up to a fluke.
You would again test us a time or two between then and now, but this week, you have officially been deemed a #cribclimber.
You are avoiding naptime like the plague, and you officially climbed out of Grandma Mandy's crib. She was FORCED to snuggle and rock you at naptime. I hear it was absolute torture for her. NOT.
That night, you were soo worn out from Colton's party, you didn't give us grief.
Enter Sunday, where you wouldn't nap, so I finally caved and put you in bed with me. Out like a light for 2+ hours. That evening...we put all three of you kids to bed, and the battle raged on. Finally, I caved after a handful of times of putting you back in your crib, and let you hang with me while I folded laundry and Dad plowed the driveway.
This is the only bed you would voluntarily sleep in. You helped sell your sweet face too, by climbing behind me on the couch and hugging my neck...
We put you to bed when Dad and I finally went, and low and behold, you stayed. And then it dawned on me. You simply don't want to miss out on anything...which, sounds eerily familiar?!?
Last night, a school night, we put you to bed. 10 times you climbed out, and Dad or I put you back. TEN TIMES!!! We thought the 10th time must have done the trick. As we settled into some show on TV, I swore I heard something near the stairs, but when I looked, I didn't see anything. I heard something again, and got up to see what was going on.
Apparently, escaping your crib is exhausting!! You laid there a bit after I snapped this pic, then eventually stood, and peered your sweet head around the corner as if to say, "I know I'm wrong, but I'm cute, can I come play?"...so in a laxy, exhausted mom move, I told you to go lay down on the futon. You laid on the floor under the futon. Close enough. Then you slipped closer to Dad in his chair, the over to me to snuggle....when I decided this was exhausting enough i just go to bed. Again I laid you down. Again, as if you knew Dad wasn't upstairs yet, you climbed out again. I put you in bed with me, and you chilled, but didn't sleep. Dad came to bed, put you in yours, and lights out. No more climbing.
Sounds like dad and I need to fake sleeping when we put you kids to bed, to get you to stay. My only fear....Dad and I could easily fall into an 8:30 bedtime!
Keaton, you continue to test, test, test, but you have two saving graces: your cute, and your my baby...so saying no to extra snuggles is AWEFULLY hard!








Comments
Post a Comment