Seven. Seven years. How will I feel when you turn 10? 13? 16? 21? 40? I have a feeling my response will always be the same....my how time flies.
These years arent slowing, but we are trying to soak up the memories and make the most of the day's God gives us with you.
Today, January 30, 2015 was no exception. We woke up and amidst getting ready for school, we jammed to Captian Zoom wishing you Happy Birthday. We called your name into the radio station. We made coffee and enjoyed a quick (rare) assist from Dad to get us out the door on time. (And I still managed to leave his school snacks and the snacks for my coworker on the table....I'm brainless even with help!)
School let out and you and 4 buddies joined us for a birthday Par-Tay. It was loud. It was chaos. It was friendship. It was basketball. It was playing keep up. It was ice cream cake. We went bowling. We ate Pizza Hut. We had fun. You even let your sister, and Isaac's sister Kate tag along.
(Notice the girls had time to wait and watch their ball head to the other end of the lane.................)
Just when dad and I thought we had enough, you finagled your way into having Isaac and Wyatt spend the night. There was more basketball....in your undies. And then a movie and bed.
I hope your first day of seven was all you dreamed it would be. We are so proud of the confident, proud, smart young man you are becoming. Tomorrow is your family/duck dynasty party! Can't wait to rock the camo and beards in your honor!
We love you, Colton!





Comments
Post a Comment