We survived Fair week, and I can safely say the kids are as exhausted as I am. We had a wonderful last two days!
I worked a half day Wednesday, then boogied to get the kids and get them up to the "mini 4-H lead" at the Goat show! Thankfully, we made it in time! Emmalyn chickened out, but Colton did a wonderful job! Though your Dad is Leary of our future as goat farmers, Colton, we are both so proud of the way you opened your heart and mind to learning this new project. You will be an excellent animal caretaker and showman when your 4-H days roll around. Until then, we are proud of you for putting yourself in a new/uncomfortable position and trying something new!!
From there, we pretty well spent the rest of the afternoon gearing up for, working and enjoying Family Fun Night! What a success!! I was thrilled that the crowds got involved and loved it, and you kids enjoyed the unlimited bounce house and stunt jumps and Boilermaker Special Rides!
Thursday was Moms first day to myself in awhile, so after letting you all sleep in, and shipping dad off to work, I snuck off to Grandmas pool with Stac, Nat, Jessy & Grabdma Mandy! Perfect way to celebrate their belated birthdays! I left at 4 to work my Fair Office hours, which turned into working the Hot Air Balloon ride, and shutting down the fairgrounds with the swine committee at 12:30 am!! HUGE day, but one full of love, laughs and memories....just the way we like to do things around here! No one can say we don't live life! (Or deny that we love the fair....enough to stay up until 1am on a work night!!)
So we detoxed Friday, and by tonight (Sunday), my heart swelled to find you and Em practicing your showmanship in our back yard. Complete with Em in her undies, and you using a tree limb as a show stick! I'm not sure, by the extra large dog collar you let hang around your necks which animal you were, but I love seeing your imaginations run wild, especially when it involved agriculture and 4-H animals!
Thanks for being total Fair Geeks like your Mom. Don't tell anyone, but I wouldn't trade it for anything! ❤️🍀












Comments
Post a Comment