Skip to main content

First Day of School

How it's even possible that the kids went back to school today and a whole summer of fun is behind us, is BEYOND ME. Were we not just celebrating the ridiculous end to reading logs & nightly math sheets, and oh crap you have a spelling test today -- let's study on the way to school!!! But here we are, and thank the good Lord these kids were excited and happy to head back -- as was momma!

Emmalyn, today you started Kindergarten. Child, I have no idea how this is even happening right now. Your 5 years on this earth have by far been the FASTEST yet....and to see you proudly stand and hold your K sign today for pictures....kind of broke my heart a little bit.


 I can remember Colton going to Kindergarten, and I was raging with emotion. Granted, Keaton was fresh & new, and that likely had something to do with it, but the uncertainty of what K held, played into my anxiety with Colton. With you, I feel like I know K, I know what to expect, and what's expected of us. I was able to accurately tell you what to expect (with the help of your big brother) and hopefully help build a confidence in you, that I wasn't able to for Colton. You were so excited this morning, no sense of uneasy at all....until we got to school. As we walked up the side walk hand in hand, chatting with Colton along the way, I felt your little grip get just a touch tighter, and you never let go, until we got into the classroom. You bravely walked to your Cubby just as Mrs. Jenkin's instructed, then found your seat. You saw tears from your classmates, yet you held it together. You gave me strength to hold it together. I snapped one last pic, kissed your sweet face and wished you well. And thanks to you -- I walked out of that school, feeling confident that both of my kiddos were off to a great start! I was only mildly worried that you'd some how get marker, ketchup, paint or something stainworthy on that all white dress. You and white haven't always been "pals"....to say the least! :) But you looked so darn cute, I couldn't tell you no! It was fun to see you and Madi in your sweet dresses, and I'm anxious for the fun you two will share this year! How fun to have your cousin in class with you!



Colton, you were a breeze this morning! You came downstairs happy and dressed in your proper tall black socks, long past your knees kahki shorts & bright orange shirt. You helped wake up Keaton while I did Em's hair, and you ate breakfast. You complained a bit of a tummy ache, but I'm now convinced (hopefully) that you just are the type of kid who has a nervous stomach.  You walked down your hallway while I walked Em to her room, and didn't even look back. I snuck down to grab a quick pic and you smiled and went on your way! I'm so appreciative that you love school!



Kids - you've got a fun year ahead of you -- and together we'll tackle math sheets, reading logs, writing projects & special parties at school. We'll have a great year and I'm anxious to see your little minds continue to blossom! Cheers to a great school year!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Well Soon, Grandpa Kent

 Here's the best way to share Dad's video. Thank you all so much for submitting the clips. This really made him smile (and say some funny things the first time we watched soon after anesthesia). I think it will be treasured company this evening in the hospital. Thank you for your prayers, your thoughts, for answering the phone calls and lifting Dad up. We appreciate all your love and support.  58E2238E-D2E3-4B38-9FF6-AE1E502ABD14.mp4

Covid ... the end. (Hopefully. Maybe. I really don't know....)

 Almost two years ago, exactly, our world drastically changed. Everyone holed up at home, scared to enter the world and catch Covid 19/Corona Virus. (Except Jason, once he got to feeling better from most likely having Covid before it was a known thing, he just went to work everyday like nothing had changed). The world basically shut down  -- special hours, curbside pick up encouraged, no dining room service only drive through or carryout. If someone coughed or sneezed anywhere near you, you were instantly suspicious. Our parents lived on complete edge and worry, taking in every ounce of information the news was constantly throwing in their faces. It was a time of great uncertainty, lots of information being thrown at us from trusted news sources, social media, and hearsay from those in the medical profession.  We spent March to May just trying to figure out our new life. No baseball. No softball. Lots of time with our animals. Lots of crafts. School from home. Porch drop ...

April - Hey Batter, Batter...

April is always the month that makes us think spring is FINALLY here, because it's starting to warm up, suns starting to shine more, except when we finally get to the baseball/softball fields, it's just as cold as it was in February. Thankfully, Emmalyn had an indoor sport to carry us through the cold of the month, until baseball/softball really got kicked off! Emmalyn tried something new this year and participated in CiVic vollebyall. This is a club program out of Carroll County, and she practiced every Sunday from January through April. Finally in late April she had three play dates. One Saturday we played up at Fairmount, IN. Grandma Jacki, Keaton and I went with Emmalyn, while Dad, Grandpa and Colton cut down some trees in preparation for our spring projects. Emmalyn and Mae Ella did a wonderful job for their team, both rocked their serving and seemed to know the game and keep their cool better than some on the team. The second weekend Dad, Em & Mom traveled to Triton H...