Keaton is cracking us up lately ...there are so many "isms" I could share, but here are a few off the top of my head....
Over Christmas break, you spent some time chilling watching TV, and I didn't think it was that much or too much screen time. Either I need to rethink that thought, or you just paid SUPER close attention, but you couldn't stop talking about SC Johnson -- and there were several times a commercial would come on and you couldn't wait to catch me and prove to me that SC Johnson was a thing.
There was the night we were reading books and you stopped me, "Hey, Mom, um, who's the author?"....hmm....I didn't teach you that, but cute....so I answered who the author was. And started to read again. You interrupted again ... "Mom, wait, who's the draw...the illustrator?"....my jaw dropped. You just grinned so proud of yourself for remembering these things from school.
Last night, you were to be in bed, and you came back down with excuse galore as to why you didn't want to go to bed...."First of all, I don't like my bed, second, I don't like bedtime and......................................and third, I have bad dreams"..............we were too busy laughing at your grown up reasoning that we didn't really even hear your reasons. And FYI -- you still got put to bed at your bedtime.
The last thing -- the one I cannot stop giggling at. We know in school you're learning about 911, safety, your address, etc. So yesterday, on our way to Pam's....you proclaimed that you were watching the news getting ready (hi, 5 year old, how about some cartoons) and "Mom, did you know, that if you're in an wreck with a semi, you're suppose to call 1-888............." and I piped up, "The Hammer? No, The Hammer will not save you. You call 911 ... no matter what you wreck into. The Hammer just wants to help you as a lawyer to get the other person in trouble"............you were as serious as they come and it was adorable. Hammer, great ads....he's listening.
Over Christmas break, you spent some time chilling watching TV, and I didn't think it was that much or too much screen time. Either I need to rethink that thought, or you just paid SUPER close attention, but you couldn't stop talking about SC Johnson -- and there were several times a commercial would come on and you couldn't wait to catch me and prove to me that SC Johnson was a thing.
There was the night we were reading books and you stopped me, "Hey, Mom, um, who's the author?"....hmm....I didn't teach you that, but cute....so I answered who the author was. And started to read again. You interrupted again ... "Mom, wait, who's the draw...the illustrator?"....my jaw dropped. You just grinned so proud of yourself for remembering these things from school.
Last night, you were to be in bed, and you came back down with excuse galore as to why you didn't want to go to bed...."First of all, I don't like my bed, second, I don't like bedtime and......................................and third, I have bad dreams"..............we were too busy laughing at your grown up reasoning that we didn't really even hear your reasons. And FYI -- you still got put to bed at your bedtime.
The last thing -- the one I cannot stop giggling at. We know in school you're learning about 911, safety, your address, etc. So yesterday, on our way to Pam's....you proclaimed that you were watching the news getting ready (hi, 5 year old, how about some cartoons) and "Mom, did you know, that if you're in an wreck with a semi, you're suppose to call 1-888............." and I piped up, "The Hammer? No, The Hammer will not save you. You call 911 ... no matter what you wreck into. The Hammer just wants to help you as a lawyer to get the other person in trouble"............you were as serious as they come and it was adorable. Hammer, great ads....he's listening.
Comments
Post a Comment