Skip to main content

Countdown to Craziness!

So, in about a month, we're going on vacation. It's gonna be fun, but hot. Really. Really. HOT. But that's okay...we'll be oceanside on a beautiful island with some great people. We're going to Dauphin Island, Alabama, with Seth & Jenna Maxwell, John, Jessica & Meredith Gretencord, Austin & Jill Pangle, and Ryan Clark. It's a fun group of people, I think anyway. Last night...we had a planning meeting to talk vehicles, travel plans, food, etc. Seth & Jen were kind enough to host a little cookout, and in doing so, I think we got a pretty good taste of what to expect during meal times in Alabama. Of course, once the food was prepared, Jason and I's plates were filled, and we'd sat down to enjoy, Colton got extremely jealous, and decided it was time for him to eat too. He does this...I swear the kid knows food. So, Jason held him and continued eating, and once Ryan finished his plate, he offered to take Colton. While I finished eating, we fixed Colton some cereal, and Ryan very kindly offered to help feed him. Remember, Ryan, although currently dating, is still an unmarried man. He's GREAT with kids...I mean, the guy couldn't adore kids/babies more. However, he has no experience with them whatsoever. Lack of experience aside, I handed Ryan the bowl, the spoon & a burp rag. We didn't think to grab the bib...after all, it would have been worthless to try. The following is what my child was put through for about the next half hour...not to mention the torture of laughs that we all got...both directed at Colton & Ryan!



Yes...that's Jason's arm you are seeing in some of these photos, and yes, although he didn't exactly offer to help, Ryan wouldn't have let him anyway...this was his bright idea. His intentions were good, delivery...eh, so so.

Now to backtrack...that was only the tail end of a very long 4th of July weekend. I had Thursday off, but still took Colton to the sitter. He got to hang out with the kids, and I got to get some shopping/cleaning done. I also got to meet up with Gram & the gang at the tavern for lunch. There's a really trashy/smoky tavern across the street from her nursing home that no joke, has the BEST tenderloin sandwich around. It is WAY better than the Country Inn in Wolcott, and I'm pretty sure those were always ranked top notch. Anyway...it was nice to get Grandma out and about, and it was fun to see everyone. Especially Aunt Nina..."ahh...shit".


Friday Jason worked at his parents, hanging drywall, so after dropping off lunch to them, Colton and I went on up to Wolcott to see the festival. It's really not much anymore, but I love hanging out with Mom and seeing the people. That part is always fun. We got back to the house, and Jason came over and after cleaning up, we went out to Bart & Amy's for a cookout. It was a great time. Here are some pictures from that...including Colton's first girlfriend!


     


Saturday brought more cleaning & hanging out with the baby while Daddy worked again, and then a family cookout for the Brookston fireworks on Saturday evening. Sunday was church, final touches on the cleaning, mowing the yard, swimming with Meredith at Grandma & Grandpa's pool, and finally our vacation meeting. To the say the least, our weekend was jampacked....and today, we are both pooped. But, it was a fun one, and we got to spend time with alot of our friends & family. I should probably wrap up my lunch break and start back to work now...but thought I'd share an update. PS...if you have kids, and Ryan offers to feed them...I'd highly suggest the bib! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Well Soon, Grandpa Kent

 Here's the best way to share Dad's video. Thank you all so much for submitting the clips. This really made him smile (and say some funny things the first time we watched soon after anesthesia). I think it will be treasured company this evening in the hospital. Thank you for your prayers, your thoughts, for answering the phone calls and lifting Dad up. We appreciate all your love and support.  58E2238E-D2E3-4B38-9FF6-AE1E502ABD14.mp4

Covid ... the end. (Hopefully. Maybe. I really don't know....)

 Almost two years ago, exactly, our world drastically changed. Everyone holed up at home, scared to enter the world and catch Covid 19/Corona Virus. (Except Jason, once he got to feeling better from most likely having Covid before it was a known thing, he just went to work everyday like nothing had changed). The world basically shut down  -- special hours, curbside pick up encouraged, no dining room service only drive through or carryout. If someone coughed or sneezed anywhere near you, you were instantly suspicious. Our parents lived on complete edge and worry, taking in every ounce of information the news was constantly throwing in their faces. It was a time of great uncertainty, lots of information being thrown at us from trusted news sources, social media, and hearsay from those in the medical profession.  We spent March to May just trying to figure out our new life. No baseball. No softball. Lots of time with our animals. Lots of crafts. School from home. Porch drop ...

April - Hey Batter, Batter...

April is always the month that makes us think spring is FINALLY here, because it's starting to warm up, suns starting to shine more, except when we finally get to the baseball/softball fields, it's just as cold as it was in February. Thankfully, Emmalyn had an indoor sport to carry us through the cold of the month, until baseball/softball really got kicked off! Emmalyn tried something new this year and participated in CiVic vollebyall. This is a club program out of Carroll County, and she practiced every Sunday from January through April. Finally in late April she had three play dates. One Saturday we played up at Fairmount, IN. Grandma Jacki, Keaton and I went with Emmalyn, while Dad, Grandpa and Colton cut down some trees in preparation for our spring projects. Emmalyn and Mae Ella did a wonderful job for their team, both rocked their serving and seemed to know the game and keep their cool better than some on the team. The second weekend Dad, Em & Mom traveled to Triton H...