We had another great, but fast, weekend. Friday night, we got to see Trent & Lisa Stinson, and their little boy Grant. Unfortunately, we couldn't make it to Grant's 1st Birthday party on Saturday, so we went to visit a day early. He's so cute, and he and Colton were playing together all evening. They were pretty nice to each other too...sharing toys, and being gentle with each other. It was fun to watch them interact. Saturday, Jason worked all day, while I attended a funeral and then ran errands in Monticello with Mom and Colton. I worked on cleaning up the house Saturday afternoon, before we headed up to the White County Fair. I had big plans for taking lots of pictures of Colton at the fair...but didn't take a single one. I'm still hoping to go back up there one more night, so I've got one more chance...we'll see if I can remember to take any pictures or not? Sunday was kind of busy in it's own right too. We headed up to Chalmers in the morning, to play with cousin Meredith while Dad & Grandpa met some people out at their new house. It was fun to watch those two play together. They are the same size, even though there is 7 months age difference between them. Meredith was a very good helper...and mimicked what Grandma would do to Colton (wipe his mouth, kisses, etc). We left there about noon, so Jason could mow, and I could go back to cleaning. I had big plans, but poor follow through... I didn't feel good for a majority of the day, and went back to the old adage...when the baby sleeps, you sleep. And that we did. We both got in a good 2 hour nap, while Dad worked outside mowing the yard. Colton and I both felt better and were much more chipper after our naps, so we decided to head back up to the fair. It was another great, but extremely hot evening. It's weird to push a baby stroller around the fair, but fun to stop and see people, and "show him off" if you will. I hope that someday Colton is stoked about heading to the fair each summer, just as I was growing up (or still am if you ask Jason...I can't help it, I love the fair!)
Here are a few pictures of the weekend. Colton is fighting another cold...I think sometimes that he sounds worse than he feels. He's finally starting to show signs of getting better, and Dad and I are both coming down with his cold. Oh well...that's what we get. He's now almost 6 months (will be in a week and a half) and weighs in at 19lbs, 12oz. Notice in the pictures how Colton and Meredith are basically the same size (height wise, I think Colton's got Meredith by a few pounds these days...haha). Now for some pictures...
Colton loves his bouncy seat...he jumps in it for quite awhile before he loses concentration!

This is his new face...he enjoys for some reason, sucking his bottom lip? Maybe it's the teeth...

Colton and Grant...playing together, or trying to unwrap Grant's gift...
Colton can now sit up...usually only for little bits of time, but a good 5-10 minutes. He loves his barnyard toy!
Especially the crow & farmer that are usually on top of the barn...

Yes, our sunflower patch is finally getting ready to bloom. I hope to get some pictures of it...but here is a "where's waldo" version of Jason checking their height...and he's not crouching over...

Colton and Meredith -- 7/20/08 - She's almost 13 months, and he's almost 6...

Meredith helping wipe Colton's mouth...or face...

Meredith getting a kick out of Colton on her "bike"...

Colton loving this new toy...

Okay kids...look at the cameras! Grandpa, Daddy & Uncle Jacob with their camera phones behind Grandma...

Did I mention in the last post that Colton has teeth now? He was getting one, and now he has two...his bottom two teeth. It officially hurts to let him suck on your finger...because it's no longer sucking...it's biting. HARD. But, it's pretty darn cute to see him with teeth. He's growing up before our eyes!
Busy week ahead -- big Mega Conference in this week. Should be interesting. I'll post again when I can...and hopefully I'll get a fair picture or two? We'll see what happens... Have a great week, and stay cool! It's HOT out there!
Comments
Post a Comment