It's getting kind of sad that I start every new post with -- "sorry it's taken me so long" -- when I first started this, I was on it. Blogging nearly 2-3 times a week...now, I'm lucky to get in one good post a month! HA What's more is that I can find any excuse under the sun to blame this on - busy at work, busy at home, etc -- but the bottom line is this -- I just need to make the time to write, because when Colton's all grown up, I want to have something to look back on and remember his first years by. As Mike Birbiglia would say ... this is sort of my "secret public journal" -- with pictures attached. So today, as I sit here and eat my WW meal at my desk, I'll try to update you on what we've been up to.
Work is going okay...slower than September, but certainly still busy. I'm learning that life hardly ever slows down. You know how we were so excited for Colton to start crawling? I'm totally over that. In fact, if he went back to just sitting still or laying there for like 3 hours -- I'd totally be okay with it. Don't get me wrong, I love watching him crawl and learn and move all over the place, but the kid is WEARING ME OUT! He's into EVERYTHING, and has no idea what NO means. What's worse -- all people can tell me is "Wait til he starts walking"....yikes folks. We're in for it. Let me take you back to last Tuesday evening. Daddy was up helping Grandpa Hall farm and it was just me and Colton at home. I hauled him upstairs with me so I could start putting some of the clothes he's grown out of into a tub for storage. (Very sad task by the way...you forget all too quickly how tiny they were at first...especially with our little bruiser!) So, since the baby gate wasn't out yet, I just drug the dog cage over in front of the stairwell and knew I'd be close to keep and eye on him. Colton and Murph were crawling around, and all the sudden, Colton's crying. He has scratched his leg up trying to get between the cage & the door frame into the hallway. So, we got those tears all dried up, and went down to start cooking supper. Colton was playing in the front living room, and I had my back turned for like, a split second, and next thing I know -- he's pulled the lamp off the end table in the living room, hit himself with it, and has shattered the light bulb. Okay, fine -- Colton wins -- Mommy will feed you dinner, and just hang out with you. We can just warm something up for our dinner later. So, into the sunroom we go (after I cleaned up the living room mess) and he was happily pulling himself up and then down along the coffee table, when bam...he fell hard, hit his chin on the side of the coffee table and bit his tongue. I was sitting right there. However, after the evening I'd spend with Destructo (thanks Jenny!) my reflexes were apparently laxed. Needless to say, we changed into jammies, got a bottle and went to bed....at 7:30pm! I think if we'd tried to stay awake another hour, he might have burnt the house down. Poor kid. Just wants to go, go, go...I don't know where he gets it! The fun hasn't stopped since then either...he has been so fun, in that annoying dangerous little way!
Jason is in the height of his glory -- hunting season is here, and of course, I'm loving it, because he's hunting right out our back door. Jacob came down and spent the better part of his Fall Break with us, which is usually pretty fun. He babysat for us on Thursday night, while Seth, Jen & Jason and I went to a dinner at a new restaurant in town, a free meal offered through work. It was a great night...we love hanging with Seth & Jen, always lots of laughs. Friday night we hung out, while the boys hunted, and then Matt, Amanda, & Mya Holderly stopped by, as did Adam, Krystle & Wyatt Wiese. It was so fun. Colton is almost 9 months (scary, I know!), Wyatt is 5 months and Mya is almost 3 months. It was so fun to watch each of them, and remember too what Colton was doing at that stage of his development. The boys hunted all day Saturday and some on Sunday too. Needless to say, it was a fun fall weekend for all of us. Jacob went home Sunday night after dinner at Monicals with Jason's parents. It was nice to visit with them. We hadn't been out with them like that in some time. We love Monicals too...something new and different!
Tonight, we're taking Colton "trick or treating" to the nursing home to see Great Grandma Hall. Then Friday night we'll make the rounds, and perhaps end up at the Chalmers community Halloween Party? Jason works all weekend, so that's kind of a bummer, but we can't argue when the extra money is always nice.
Okay...so there has to be at least one point of randomness in this post, and this is going to be it. I love facebook. Seriously, I know that sounds really, really gay...but my cousin Erin in Atlanta just added me, and through adding her, I found my cousin Neil's wife had a page, as does Kenzie, my cousin. So look, by adding one person, I got to add two more, and they're all family. I miss them, they are too far away. Either they need to get off their cabooses and come visit, or I need to. Speaking of caboose...that sounds like an Erin word. See, Random...
Now some pictures...
Colton & Mya...who knows, we could be showing this at their wedding down the road! HA
Colton at Uncle Jacob's last 8th grade football game...the first oen he's blowing bubbles...his new favorite trick!
I got to hang with Purdue Pete at a work outing we had earlier in October...it was cool, I could have whipped up on him...
Colton loves to eat from dad's Popsicles....so does Murph.
Colton's all ready for winter in Indiana thanks to Uncle Seth & Aunt Jenna -
Colton LOVES bath time...so I documented it, because it's the same thing, night after night...the kid never tires of a good bath! First, I lay him down to get him undressed...
But before I can get him undressed, he's flipped over and crawled up the side of the tub...
Mom, can I get in yet?
Finally...let's play!
We'll have more pictures, hopefully soon, from Halloween and "Trick or Treat" :) Have a great hump day!
Comments
Post a Comment