Well, with Halloween tomorrow, I thought I'd go ahead and freak everyone out and do two posts in two days. A new world record for me! HA Besides, last nights happenings were too funny/cute to not share. Plus, this might just be a short post...unless I go into "storytelling mode"...I hear I get windy?
So, Colton was cranky when I picked him up from Pam's last night, and I worried that he'd be a little shit on the fun night we had planned. He was kind of cranky, but fell asleep taking his bottle from Gram on the way down to see Great Grandma. Of course, right as we pulled in, he dozed off. But, lucky enough for us, he woke right up, and was actually happy. So, we got him all dressed up, and took him in to see Great Grandma, trick or treating if you will.
My Grandma Hall LOVES babies (duh, she had 9 of her own), and so obviously, she just goos and gaas over the little ones when they come see her. She thought Colton was adorable, and "just perfect" as she told us several times -- in her eyes, all bazillion of her grandkids & great grandkids are perfect -- she's a lover, always has been. So, after a slew of pictures (forthcoming) we changed Colton out of his outfit, and proceeded to just visit, although, I don't think Grandma paid one bit of attention to us, she just watched Colton crawl around and get into everything. She just kept wringing her hands "Oh I just want to love him" she'd say.
Now, you have to get a bit of a behind the scenes to appreciate my Grandma Hall. I'm not going into great detail because 3/4 of you who actually take the time to read this post, already know what an amazing woman my Grandma Hall is and know how much she means to me. I truly believe she's an angel sent from above...I always have. She's just that kind of lady. But, in light of the recent years, and her down hill slide, we've learned to take Grandma in a whole new light, and honestly, if you can't just laugh about some of the things she says...life would get awfully depressing. Let's face the facts....this Grandma (nursing home Grandma if you will), isn't the same Grandma we grew up with, but we love her just the same.
So Grandma gets a call, likely weekly from my Uncle Marc in Florida. And, like clockwork, Grandma tells all the Indiana siblings that Marc never calls (because less than 5 minutes after she hangs up the phone, she's forgotten that he even called.) Last night, while we were there, Uncle Marc called and I answered. Gram didn't even notice the phone ring she was so inundated with the baby. Finally, after a nice chat with Uncle Marc, I hand Gram the phone, and say "Here Grandma, it's Uncle Marc" -- get this...she rolls her eyes, and says "oh well of all times for him to call"...hahaha...like he was such an inconvenience. My Dad and I lost it....because Dad already teases him that he doesn't call! To top that off, I could tell Uncle Marc had said something to the effect of "the kids are there with Colton huh...all dressed up for Halloween?" - because this was Grandma's reply "oh, no, I didn't get to see him, they had him changed before I got to see him" and almost acted disgusted that we didn't dress him up.
God bless her. She just can't remember what happened 10 minutes ago, but you bring up 3 weeks or 50 years ago, and she's sharp as a tack. Anyway...we got a good laugh out of the fact that she was annoyed that anyone would think of calling and interrupting her time with the baby. And, Colton was like the main attraction because old people in wheel chairs kept stopping outside Gram's door and watching him, like he was a circus amusement.
All in all, it was a fun night...here are some pictures to prove that Gram really did see Colton all dressed up, and got to love on him some too. Someday, Colton will be thankful that this amazing lady passed her beautiful baby blues right down through the generations. That's a Hall trait she always tells me, "he gets those eyes from me!"
This is Colton, all dressed up and ready to go see Great Grandma Hall...
She got to hold him for a bit, before he got too squirmy...
Then Dad stepped into the picture...and Colton got curious.
Colton was crawling up the wheelchair and pulling on Grandma's pant legs all night long, and she just kept bending over..."I just want to love him!"
Thank God for the blessings he's put into our lives -- for grandmas & family and beautiful baby blues...
Comments
Post a Comment