We survived yet another crazy weekend. It was kind of funny, as Jason and I visited this weekend, we learned that he hadn't slept in his own bed at home in three weekends in a row! Valentines day we both stayed at a hotel in Lafayette...a Christmas Gift to each of us coordinators from the Holiday Inn - then last weekend we took Jacob and a buddy (Levi) down to Indy to the Holiday Inn with the Caribbean Cove Water park in it -- again, something I won through work! Kind of fun huh? We had a really good time last weekend, and although I was a nervous wreck about taking Colton into the water now that he's a walker -- we did just fine. I did go to the extreme of buying him this basically wet-suit that had floaties in the chest/back area -- but it's still enough too big, that he just looked like a giant goon in it, so as quickly as we put it on, it came back off....and it wasn't a quick process! :) Jacob & Levi had a lot of fun, chasing girls and trying to work their man powers. They ended up staying up later than Jason and I playing cards just outside out room -- it was really surreal to have to give them a curfew and set the ground rules before we let them go off on their own. I was happy to see that Jason and I's rules lined up and that we were in agreement..hopefully it stays that way when we're dealing with our own teenagers someday! I was so mad at myself though, of all the fun we had that weekend, I didn't snap one single picture. What's more bizarre, is that I turned our house upside DOWN on Friday night before we left to find my battery charger for my camera, because I wanted to be prepared, and I couldn't find it. Finally, first thing Saturday morning I found it, was all charged up and ready to go...and then nothing. So, you'll have to use your imagination on that one! :)
This week was spent preparing Jason, Trent & Dad for their big snowmobiling trip to Michigan. Jason's been a nervous wreck, because of course, right as the trip drew closer, the weather went to 50+ degrees (a heatwave here in Indiana) and rainy...which of course, melts the snow. However, they stayed in the place they planned on going Thursday night, then got up and drove an hour & a half northeast on Friday morning, and found great snow. Jason said they had a great time....and I'm glad. He deserves those trips...even though it's hard on me when he leaves. I don't really know why that is either -- I used to be so independent, and then I got married, and now it's like I'm drowning if he's gone! But, Colton and I survived, and we actually had a really fun weekend...special thanks to Grandma Hall. She pretty much saved the day. Thursday night after Jason had left, Colton and I hung out at home with Stacy. It was so nice to hang out just the two of us again...we visited and laughed, and of course, had as good a time as we always do! It was a nice evening, Auntie Stac even fed Colton and gave him a bath while I was uptown getting my haircut! I'm anxious for Auntie Stac to get Colton some playmates!!! :) Friday I worked, and Colton went to Pam's, then on a whim, we decided to go to the TC FFA Pork Chop Dinner (don't worry, they had fish too!) then back to Mom's for a Chick Flick event. After we got Colton to bed, Mom and I hung out to "Nights in Rodanthe" which was good, but not great. If I never saw it again, it'd be okay. Mom agreed...kind of a let down, but still good. Saturday morning, Colton and I were off to a baby shower, then home for naps all around! :) It was a busy yet lazy weekend. Which was awesome. Saturday night Gram & Colton hung out while I met up with a few old friends from high school. It really was great to catch up with them. The people at O' Charley's probably hated us...we got our booth about 6:45 or 7 and camped out there until 10! Next time we'll have to go someone's house or something!! Sunday morning brought the usual Church Workout -- only this Sunday, it was a happy workout. Colton was chattery all through church, and playful....very happy, but started to get cranky near the end, and that's such a workout. Glad Mom was there, because I've vowed to not take him by myself....kudos to parents who can do that...but it's a true workout! Jason got home (surprisingly) about 2pm on Sunday, so we waited around, and went to a get together with a bunch of his classmates on Sunday afternoon....again, no pictures! I swear, I forget I have my camera half the time!! After the party we did dinner with Jason's whole family, which was nice. We hadn't had the chance to do that in awhile, so it was a nice refresher! We both could about crash today, we're so tired...I have a feeling that laundry & TV will be the main agenda items for this evening. I'm totally okay with that. Despite missing my camera in a few key instances, I have gotten some cute shots lately....I'll end with them. He's growing up too FAST! Enjoy!
Colton and Dad graded the lane before we returned Grandpa Hall's grader on Tuesday of last week -- Colton rode with Dad in the tractor for nearly a 1/2 hour...and Jason said he loved it - even though this picture doesn't really show that....
Once we got to Mom & Dad's, I gave Colton to Grandpa Hall while I got my camera out of the car. This is how I found him when I got back....they even had the leg rest kicked up...as if he could reach that? HA :)
Grandma let Colton try his hand on the snowmobiles...
And what's a trip to Grandma & Grandpa's without getting into the Tupperware drawer?
These are from the Blair's Baby Shower on Saturday morning. This one he is sitting/talking with Kendall, Kelby Arvin's little girl. Kelby was a classmate of mine.
He also had a nice visit with Stacie Warner....who can't visit well with Stac?
This one is blurry, but I love it -- Abigail (Sara Arvin (Sheets)) little girls was chasing him around, blowing in his face, and he thought that was hilarious!
I finally figured out how to occupy Colton in the mornings so that I can get ready without him whining at my feet or tearing up my vanity by getting into everything...
I have to laugh now, because these pictures are ridiculous -- apparently I'm not as fast on the trigger as I should have been, because I SWEAR he was smiling....not giving me these hilarious faces...but what do you think, does he like having cereal in his own bowl? (I'm guessing Murphy got the better part of this deal...)
Have a great week!
Comments
Post a Comment