Okay, so I'd not been paying attention obviously, the last 1000 times I've been at Mom and Dad's, but as we drove out last night, I realize that off in the far distance, I could see the wind towers that were recently built in Benton County. Yeah, I said Benton County. Fowler Area. Regardless, because we were basically out screwing around, we kind of took a road trip over to see them. They are all anyone's talking about around home right now, because this summer (or next week) they are coming to White County...basically in Mom & Dad's back yard. So, I thought I'd post some pictures. I didn't know what my personal take was on it...when I first saw them. I'm intrigued by them, because they are huge and kind of neat to look at, but in the same sense, it really breaks up the beautiful countryside with a very industrial look. So, I don't know, I'll let you form your own opinion, but this just amazed me -- guess we'll know more by this fall what we're getting into.
This isn't really that great of a picture...I think this was somewhere around Getz's pond....which they actually looked really close, but obviously the camera didn't catch them, because in all honesty, they are still 10 or so miles away...
This was taken just about a 1/2 mile past the Remington Blacktop, probably 4 or so miles west of 231. You can see them spotted off in the distance in the second picture.
This was taken just down the road from some good friends of ours...on 400 in Benton County. Natasha, I don't know how you feel about having htese surround your house, I'm sure it's kind of surreal. I just wanted Uncle Marc to see how these stand in comparison to the barns, buildings, grain set ups, etc. They are just huge...
Well, anyway...maybe this is old news to you, but I think it's kind of interesting/weird/wave of the future. Jason and I just kept saying we felt like we were in a movie!
I've got a couple other fun pictures to upload, but it's acting up, and I've really got to be off to a meeting....so, enjoy these, and look forward to more.
Comments
Post a Comment