Well, we can finally say we've had some awesome weather here in Indiana,
and I couldn't be happier about that. I'm so ready to springtime, and
I'm totally over winter, although, winter months always seem to go by
the fastest! HA We've been keeping mildly busy, but not horrible. We're
getting ready to run into a string of 1st birthdays, which is going to
be fun. It's so fun being good friends with parents of kids who will
likely be classmates to Colton. No spring break plans in our
future...now that we're real worlders, and Colton's not in school, we
basically don't get a spring break, although, I'm really, really in the
mood for a vacation! (Aren't we all!!) It's hard to not just up and plan
one too, with them constantly advertising cheap flights and deals here
and deals there. However, we stay grounded and realize that we could
better spend our money, and that we should be saving what we can. So, in
favor of not going on a vacation we find plenty of fun things to do
close to home and for a lot cheaper. You know, like spend time with
family, watch our son sprout before our eyes, and get out enjoy our best
investment yet....our property! :) Here are some pictures & tales
of our recent adventures...
This was one of the first almost warm
enough to play outside for a long time days we had....Colton is obsessed
with our porch broom...
We recently had a triple date night with the Holderly's and Segals, and we tried our hand at bowling...Jason had amazing form! :) HA
And, since Uncle Matt was on Spring Break, we got to spend lots of quality time with him...
Of course, since it's March, we got together to celebrate Uncle Jacob's 14th (going on 25) birthday! Colton & Meredith were up to no good...
I thought this was a neat picture of all the Stockment Men -- carrying on the name! (They are even all smiling!!)
Colton has recently mastered using a straw, which is pretty much awesome, because now he can handle a juice box too...besides that whole squeezing it so tight it squirts out everyone thing...
Another night last week, Uncle Matt came to visit us, and Colton was showing off all his toys. This truck was a Christmas gift from Uncle John & Aunt Jess, and is NOT meant to be a riding toy, however, since the back bed lifts up like his big ride-on Tonka Truck, Colton thought that this was a ride-on as well...very funny!
This past Saturday, while the boys gathered to help Jason split & stack our firewood, I babysat for Meredith. We had such a great day...they play so well together! Of course, Monkey See, Monkey Do...
We even loaded up in the wagon and headed out to visit the guys and take them lunch.

Colton got this ride on pony toy for his birthday, and hasn't shown just a ton of interest in it...until of course, Meredith rode it, now he loves it! In this picture Meredith has just completed shoveling an entire cookie into her mouth, while Colton obviously watches taking serious notes on how to do that for himself...
And one last one of the cutie....he's just all smiles!! We're very blessed!
Happy St. Paddy's day to all my Irish family/friends reading this blog right now. You'd be proud to know that I went to 9 Irish Brothers for lunch today, and plan to dye a few beers green for dinner tonight. Seth & Jen are coming out to watch "country night" on American Idol. And, it's just a good night to get out and enjoy the weather...Colton LOVES to play outside! It's nearly 70 today...which is awesome.
Oh yeah, Boiler Up, March Madness begins Thursday. Cheer on those boilers.
One last note-- a few posts ago, I asked for prayers for Joe. Keep them coming, and for all of his girls too. I can't imagine what they are going through, but know that my heart goes out to them each and every day. They are one of the strongest faithed families I know, but a few extra prayers never hurt anyone.
Okay...now quit reading this thing, and get out and enjoy! It's almost time to go home, so you know I'm going to!!
Comments
Post a Comment