Skip to main content

For Fun!

I've stolen lots of great ideas from my cousin/friend Lacy and her blog. She does a great job, and I love her wit. She is where I got the, "What I heard..." posts that I've tried a few times. I read this one that she stole from her cousin, and thought I'd keep the circle going. If you blog, and want to steal...enjoy! :)

My cousin Molly started blogging and her first post was a hit!  Using the alphabet, she gave her readers a little introduction of herself.  Being apologetically unoriginal, I decided to use the same scenario for myself.

A- Age: 29.....................and holding. Until April. Then I'm screwed.

B- Bed size: Queen. It works, they say you have so much more room than a double bed. They obviously don't sleep with my husband.

C- Chore I hate: Putting away laundry. I'll fold it until pigs fly, but I HATE putting it away.

D- Drive:  A 2008 Chrysler Town and Country. We recently joined the van revolution, and I love it. The kids have all kinds of room. This probably isn't a good thing consider my ability to keep things tidy...

E- Essentials: Hugs & kisses from my family, Moe Monday's with my girls, and at least one accessory per outfit.

F- Fantasies:  Hmm. Probably having a beach in my backyard, so that I can go out and relax with warm sand, crashing waves and a cold beer, whenever I have had a rough day/week. However, I'd still want snow at Christmas...is that too much to ask?

G- Gifts Received Recently: With Christmas just behind us, this is easy: a Whirley Pop popcorn popper, a garbage disposal and lotion/slippers from the kiddos. It was a pretty perfect Christmas.

H-Home:  349 E Robinson Ct or 1096 S 700 W -- both locations will always be "Home" to me, because of the people who live there.

I- Instrument(s) I play: Ugh. Yeah. None. I'm awesome. Wait...does the recorder count? I totally rocked that in the 4th grade?

J- Job Title:  Purdue Conference Division - Conference Coordinator. Mom. Boss of the house (although, Colton and Jason question that one!). Carpool driver. #1 Daughter. #1 Sister. Best Friend. I've got a lot of roles, and I don't think I'd change any of them.

K-Kids: Colton (4 on the 30th) and Emmalyn, 1 1/2

L-Live: Brookston, Indiana. It's no Wolcott, but it's pretty close! ;)

M-Movies: My favorite, hands down, is Dumb & Dumber -- merely because of the memories it brings of me and bestie quoting it daily for various scenarios in our life. If I've heard "Our pet's HEADS ARE FALLING OFF" once, I've heard it 1,000 times! :) I also like a good romantic comedy!

N-Nighttime Rituals: Books & Prayers with the kiddos.

O- Oldest Piece of Clothing:  Probably the clothes Mom just gave me when Em was born, that were from my childhood. However, oldest piece of clothing I can actually wear -- my navy blue, long sleeve Purdue t-shirt, from my Freshman FFA Convention/Steve & Barry's outing!

P- Pet Peeves: I have a lot of these. I need to learn to let things roll off my shoulder, but one of my biggest peeves is that Jason will nag on me about putting the laundry away (even though he knows I hate to do that), yet will not put his own clothes away. How does someone have the right to reprimand me for not doing something they themselves aren't doing? Hence the world wars that occur in our house on laundry days! :)

Q- Quote from a movie: Again, my entire high school career was spent quoting movies. "Brothers don't shake hands, brothers gotta hug". "Our pets HEADS are FALLING OFF" "Housekeeping. Tommy need towels" Loved Tommy Boy & Dumb & Dumber.


R- Reading now:  I can't recall the title -- but it's a new Amish book by Wanda Brunstetter. And I only hopped authors (from Beverly Lewis, my favorite) because I'm all caught up on what she's produced. Patiently waiting for her next work of art!

S- Siblings: Trent & Matt + Sarah +  Jacob & Jessica.

T- Television: Rules of Engagement. That's honestly the only show we MUST see. Other than that, random hunting shows Jason makes me endure or anything with Guy on the Food Network.

U- Underwear:  Colorful. Comfortable. Clean. Must haves in the underwear department.

V- Valuable item in purse: Credit cards & debit cards. And my kids pictures.

W-What makes me crazy:  Whiny children. (I'll second that, Lacy!) People who don't pay attention (and yes, I'm the worst offender of this one!). That feeling of never being caught up!

X- Xrays: Luckily, we are x-ray free in 2012. Yes, I realize it's only January 12th.

Y-Yummy food I make: Grandma Hall's Chicken & Noodles or Aunt Nina's Cinnamon rolls. You know, both Weight Watchers approved.

Z- Zoo Animals: My children. Oh wait. You meant actual animals. I'd have to say either the Giraffes or the penguins! :)

Comments

  1. I thought it was kinda fun. Good answers. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Get Well Soon, Grandpa Kent

 Here's the best way to share Dad's video. Thank you all so much for submitting the clips. This really made him smile (and say some funny things the first time we watched soon after anesthesia). I think it will be treasured company this evening in the hospital. Thank you for your prayers, your thoughts, for answering the phone calls and lifting Dad up. We appreciate all your love and support.  58E2238E-D2E3-4B38-9FF6-AE1E502ABD14.mp4

Covid ... the end. (Hopefully. Maybe. I really don't know....)

 Almost two years ago, exactly, our world drastically changed. Everyone holed up at home, scared to enter the world and catch Covid 19/Corona Virus. (Except Jason, once he got to feeling better from most likely having Covid before it was a known thing, he just went to work everyday like nothing had changed). The world basically shut down  -- special hours, curbside pick up encouraged, no dining room service only drive through or carryout. If someone coughed or sneezed anywhere near you, you were instantly suspicious. Our parents lived on complete edge and worry, taking in every ounce of information the news was constantly throwing in their faces. It was a time of great uncertainty, lots of information being thrown at us from trusted news sources, social media, and hearsay from those in the medical profession.  We spent March to May just trying to figure out our new life. No baseball. No softball. Lots of time with our animals. Lots of crafts. School from home. Porch drop ...

April - Hey Batter, Batter...

April is always the month that makes us think spring is FINALLY here, because it's starting to warm up, suns starting to shine more, except when we finally get to the baseball/softball fields, it's just as cold as it was in February. Thankfully, Emmalyn had an indoor sport to carry us through the cold of the month, until baseball/softball really got kicked off! Emmalyn tried something new this year and participated in CiVic vollebyall. This is a club program out of Carroll County, and she practiced every Sunday from January through April. Finally in late April she had three play dates. One Saturday we played up at Fairmount, IN. Grandma Jacki, Keaton and I went with Emmalyn, while Dad, Grandpa and Colton cut down some trees in preparation for our spring projects. Emmalyn and Mae Ella did a wonderful job for their team, both rocked their serving and seemed to know the game and keep their cool better than some on the team. The second weekend Dad, Em & Mom traveled to Triton H...