..."ugh uh Grandma, I'm older than you and bigger than you..." (Colton, to Mamps) -- to which she replied, "Colton, don't I wish that were true..." :)
-- "Mom, when will Emmalyn be home from the babysitter. I. I almost forget what her hair looks like" -- complete with his arms out to the side, shoulders shrugging as if to say, "I just don't get it"...thanks for teaching him that, Uncle Jacob!
--"Look what I did, all by myself!" -- Colton announcing that he'd just traced all of his capital letters by himself.
--"GIT" - Emmalyn, encouraging her Dad (just like her big brother) to go upstairs so that they could decorate for Valentines day without Dad seeing their suprises.
-- "ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ" -- Jason's been doing a lot of this lately. Poor guy has been working himself to the bone. In fact, as I type this, I can hear him snoring in the living room. It's 9:30pm. This weekend kicked our butts.
-- "Dad, today is my last day of being three ever!" -- Colton, in preparations for today, his 4th birthday!
-- "NO!" - followed by some grunting and screaming. I'm not sure what Mamps and Paps did to Emmalyn while they had her for just a few short hours to themselves -- but holy cow did she come home with a new sense of independence. Note to self -- do NOT attempt to help this Diva take off her coat. She will do it herself. (She gets that from her Dad!)
-- "I'm sorry I didn't bring the bike inside Kim. I forgot. But so did you..." -- yeah. I might have had a moment last week. I think the stressful week at work topped with trying to make my boys birthday perfect coupled with getting everything prepared made me CRACK. Colton got a new bike for his birthday, however, unfortunately, Jason forgot to bring it in after Colton went to bed the night I brought it home, and guess what, so did I. (Although, I was quick to say that was a man job...) Regardless, I had a big fat overdramatic breakdown -- just KNOWING we'd ruined our little guys birthday, when he romped into the car on Friday morning and pipes up, "Mom, who's bike is this" -- I froze. I managed to not cry until he was at Pam's...but it was pretty darn hard when he's sobbing saying, "but I wante the green one!" -- not only did we ruin the suprise, I bought the wrong damn color! :( So, I pep talked him that it could still be a suprise and all's well that ends well.......kind of. (PS. Jason and I both admitted dual faults and practiced that little thing called compromise. He also gave me the big hug I was obviously in desperate need of...)
--"Mom, can I tell you a secret?" -- "Sure bud, what's up" -- he gets me down, and whispers in my ear --"Um, Mom, I'm getting a bike for my birthday, and it's red" ... seriously, how do you not smile at that, after all the drama from that morning? Little shit.
--"MAaaaaaaaM" -- My favorite part of the day is walking into Pam's at 5:30pm and hearing that little voice so excited to see me. Wipes away most of the days stresses. (Until we get home and she's a grump because there isn't a 4 course meal on the table waiting for her!)
-- "Mom, when will Emmalyn be home from the babysitter. I. I almost forget what her hair looks like" -- complete with his arms out to the side, shoulders shrugging as if to say, "I just don't get it"...thanks for teaching him that, Uncle Jacob!
--"Look what I did, all by myself!" -- Colton announcing that he'd just traced all of his capital letters by himself.
--"GIT" - Emmalyn, encouraging her Dad (just like her big brother) to go upstairs so that they could decorate for Valentines day without Dad seeing their suprises.
-- "ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ" -- Jason's been doing a lot of this lately. Poor guy has been working himself to the bone. In fact, as I type this, I can hear him snoring in the living room. It's 9:30pm. This weekend kicked our butts.
-- "Dad, today is my last day of being three ever!" -- Colton, in preparations for today, his 4th birthday!
-- "NO!" - followed by some grunting and screaming. I'm not sure what Mamps and Paps did to Emmalyn while they had her for just a few short hours to themselves -- but holy cow did she come home with a new sense of independence. Note to self -- do NOT attempt to help this Diva take off her coat. She will do it herself. (She gets that from her Dad!)
-- "I'm sorry I didn't bring the bike inside Kim. I forgot. But so did you..." -- yeah. I might have had a moment last week. I think the stressful week at work topped with trying to make my boys birthday perfect coupled with getting everything prepared made me CRACK. Colton got a new bike for his birthday, however, unfortunately, Jason forgot to bring it in after Colton went to bed the night I brought it home, and guess what, so did I. (Although, I was quick to say that was a man job...) Regardless, I had a big fat overdramatic breakdown -- just KNOWING we'd ruined our little guys birthday, when he romped into the car on Friday morning and pipes up, "Mom, who's bike is this" -- I froze. I managed to not cry until he was at Pam's...but it was pretty darn hard when he's sobbing saying, "but I wante the green one!" -- not only did we ruin the suprise, I bought the wrong damn color! :( So, I pep talked him that it could still be a suprise and all's well that ends well.......kind of. (PS. Jason and I both admitted dual faults and practiced that little thing called compromise. He also gave me the big hug I was obviously in desperate need of...)
--"Mom, can I tell you a secret?" -- "Sure bud, what's up" -- he gets me down, and whispers in my ear --"Um, Mom, I'm getting a bike for my birthday, and it's red" ... seriously, how do you not smile at that, after all the drama from that morning? Little shit.
--"MAaaaaaaaM" -- My favorite part of the day is walking into Pam's at 5:30pm and hearing that little voice so excited to see me. Wipes away most of the days stresses. (Until we get home and she's a grump because there isn't a 4 course meal on the table waiting for her!)
hahaha...I love when you do these kinds of posts! The kiddos are so cute! Miss you guys!
ReplyDelete