"Mom, that shirt is pretty on you" - Colton told me this just this morning. Talk about turning a bummer of a morning (basically because who wants to go to work all day on a Saturday, let alone DRESSING UP to do so...). It was just complete random and when I asked what made him say that -- he simply replied, "because, that's a new shirt". I swear to you -- this kid pays more attention to clothes than any child I've EVER met.
"Down. DOOOWWWWNNN" -- Emmalyn will say this, obviously, when she wants down. It's pretty funny. All of the words she's learning right now -- seem to be more like a command. Others include - hot, let's go, stop, don't, bow, up, and drink! She's making progress!!! (FINALLY! I know I'll cuss myself for wishing she'd hurry up and talk, but it'd make meeting her needs so much easier!)
"Happy Valentine's day. I put the laundry away for you" -- I bet you'll never guess who left me that sweet sentiment! ;) Jason thought he was doing ME a favor buy putting away the laundry for us earlier this week. He's right, that did mean alot (I beyond HATE putting laundry away) -- but of course, I used this comment as a learning lesson moment to remind him that it's not just MY job to put laundry away. He just chuckled, said "whatever" -- and might have dropped a "woman" under his breath. We're still working on this one! :)
One night this week, Colton decided he wanted to go to sleep with me until Daddy came to bed (all of 15 minutes later...) and we had the best kind of chat before bed. After prayers, it went a little something like this:
"I love you to the moon and back" - Me to Colton
"I love you ....all the way to SANTA and back" -- Colton to me
"oh, that's far. Let's see. I love you....all the way to PAM's and back" (Remember, Pam only lives about a mile east of us if only there were a road and not a field between our homes)
"Mom...that's not very far?"
"You're very smart Colton -- you're right. Let's see -- I love you all the way to the STARS and back"
"Mommy, I love you...(insert some giggles)...all the way to KENDALL's house and back" (Kendall is Pam's neighbor. This kid is too smart for his own good!)
"Hey now, that's not very far"
"Okay, I love you all the way up to God and back"
That worked for me. And was a perfect way to drift off to sleep! :)
"Down. DOOOWWWWNNN" -- Emmalyn will say this, obviously, when she wants down. It's pretty funny. All of the words she's learning right now -- seem to be more like a command. Others include - hot, let's go, stop, don't, bow, up, and drink! She's making progress!!! (FINALLY! I know I'll cuss myself for wishing she'd hurry up and talk, but it'd make meeting her needs so much easier!)
"Happy Valentine's day. I put the laundry away for you" -- I bet you'll never guess who left me that sweet sentiment! ;) Jason thought he was doing ME a favor buy putting away the laundry for us earlier this week. He's right, that did mean alot (I beyond HATE putting laundry away) -- but of course, I used this comment as a learning lesson moment to remind him that it's not just MY job to put laundry away. He just chuckled, said "whatever" -- and might have dropped a "woman" under his breath. We're still working on this one! :)
One night this week, Colton decided he wanted to go to sleep with me until Daddy came to bed (all of 15 minutes later...) and we had the best kind of chat before bed. After prayers, it went a little something like this:
"I love you to the moon and back" - Me to Colton
"I love you ....all the way to SANTA and back" -- Colton to me
"oh, that's far. Let's see. I love you....all the way to PAM's and back" (Remember, Pam only lives about a mile east of us if only there were a road and not a field between our homes)
"Mom...that's not very far?"
"You're very smart Colton -- you're right. Let's see -- I love you all the way to the STARS and back"
"Mommy, I love you...(insert some giggles)...all the way to KENDALL's house and back" (Kendall is Pam's neighbor. This kid is too smart for his own good!)
"Hey now, that's not very far"
"Okay, I love you all the way up to God and back"
That worked for me. And was a perfect way to drift off to sleep! :)
Comments
Post a Comment