In fact, she's closer to two at this point than she is to one. Yikes. Where did the time go? I swear that June of 2010 was just yesterday and that the last 21 months have just flown. She's progressing nicely, growing and learning each day. It seemed to us that Colton was a true chatter box, talking up a storm by this age, but as the days go by, I'm learning that Em isn't as much behind as I like to think she is. She's in that stage where she is picking up words left and right and I'm fearful for what will come next. How will we ever survive TWO talkers? Pray for us, would ya?
It's fun to hear her mimick us and her brother. Some of her new words/phrases include:
"Ober" -- as she points to the TV when a show is over. Announcing this is her way of saying -- Turn it on again, Mom!!
"Dowwwww" -- when she wants down.
"Nooooose" - when she points to her nose, and "Eck" when she points to her neck! She can quickly and easily point out several of her body parts and goes crazy when she points to her armpits and we tickle her there. She even knows to point these out just so that she gets tickled! We love to hear her giggle, so it's the perfect game.
"Bub-ba" -- her name for Colton.
"ont ahh" -- I'm pretty confident this is for "I don't know" -- because she'll put her hands out to the side and make a face that goes with it that pretty much says -- "I don't know, Mom"
"pooooo" or "tinky" -- if she's filled her drawers. Mom babysat this past weekend and my favorite text from her read: -"Well, this is convenient. She tells you when she pooped" :)
"Daaaaaa" -- Jason's favorite! I'm confident that she will get anything she asks for from her Daddy!
"Moh" - whenever she wants more!
"Bow" -- she likes to wear her bows -- for about 20 seconds.
The list goes on, but everytime we turn around, she's adding another word or phrase.
It's about to get wild around here. And we wouldn't have it any other way! :)
It's fun to hear her mimick us and her brother. Some of her new words/phrases include:
"Ober" -- as she points to the TV when a show is over. Announcing this is her way of saying -- Turn it on again, Mom!!
"Dowwwww" -- when she wants down.
"Nooooose" - when she points to her nose, and "Eck" when she points to her neck! She can quickly and easily point out several of her body parts and goes crazy when she points to her armpits and we tickle her there. She even knows to point these out just so that she gets tickled! We love to hear her giggle, so it's the perfect game.
"Bub-ba" -- her name for Colton.
"ont ahh" -- I'm pretty confident this is for "I don't know" -- because she'll put her hands out to the side and make a face that goes with it that pretty much says -- "I don't know, Mom"
"pooooo" or "tinky" -- if she's filled her drawers. Mom babysat this past weekend and my favorite text from her read: -"Well, this is convenient. She tells you when she pooped" :)
"Daaaaaa" -- Jason's favorite! I'm confident that she will get anything she asks for from her Daddy!
"Moh" - whenever she wants more!
"Bow" -- she likes to wear her bows -- for about 20 seconds.
The list goes on, but everytime we turn around, she's adding another word or phrase.
It's about to get wild around here. And we wouldn't have it any other way! :)
Comments
Post a Comment