Hmm, a phone call from Trent:
"Hello"
"Since when did I have to start paying for my own damn thank you cards?
"Huh? What....oh wait."
"Yeah, I got a note in my mailbox saying that I owe $.45 cents and that I've got a piece of mail addressed to "Uncle Trent Hall, Wolcott, Indiana 47995."
"Well, the good news is that I can send you unaddressed letters with no postage and rest assured that they will find their way to you, right? PS. I can explain"
You see, Colton was blessed this past birthday, so we had a handful of birthday thank you cards to write. I got them all finished up and Colton took his time to carefully (and not so neatly) sign his name to each one. I addressed them, and set them on the dining room table. At 5am when I was getting around to be to work early and prepping myself for an event (as well as trying to leave things in order for a quick and easy "out the door" for Jason), I separated the thank you cards. Those to school friends, those fully addressed, and Uncle Trent's card, since I couldn't find his address. Or so I thought.
Apparently his card made it into the mailbox that early/groggy morning and thankfully, because we both live in a small town (and have postwomen that we know), Colton's letter made it to his favorite Uncle Trent. Something tells me Colton's next Christmas or Birthday gift is going to be about $.45 short....
Only in a small town...
"Hello"
"Since when did I have to start paying for my own damn thank you cards?
"Huh? What....oh wait."
"Yeah, I got a note in my mailbox saying that I owe $.45 cents and that I've got a piece of mail addressed to "Uncle Trent Hall, Wolcott, Indiana 47995."
"Well, the good news is that I can send you unaddressed letters with no postage and rest assured that they will find their way to you, right? PS. I can explain"
You see, Colton was blessed this past birthday, so we had a handful of birthday thank you cards to write. I got them all finished up and Colton took his time to carefully (and not so neatly) sign his name to each one. I addressed them, and set them on the dining room table. At 5am when I was getting around to be to work early and prepping myself for an event (as well as trying to leave things in order for a quick and easy "out the door" for Jason), I separated the thank you cards. Those to school friends, those fully addressed, and Uncle Trent's card, since I couldn't find his address. Or so I thought.
Apparently his card made it into the mailbox that early/groggy morning and thankfully, because we both live in a small town (and have postwomen that we know), Colton's letter made it to his favorite Uncle Trent. Something tells me Colton's next Christmas or Birthday gift is going to be about $.45 short....
Only in a small town...
Comments
Post a Comment