To balance the imbalance 3 kids brings to Mom & Dad's life, we find ways to make a BIG DEAL out of things, to allow us an adult night out. Take, for example, Jason's 34th birthday. Is 34 a magic number? No. Is having your birthday on a Friday the perfect excuse to gather an overnight stay at Grandma's for the kiddos, load up a bunch of friends, and wind up in the middle of a woods in your camper with no car?!?! HECK YES!
We spent Friday evening celebrating Daddy's actual birthday with the kiddos. We made him his favorite meal, Breakfast Skillets, and opened gifts, then crashed to hunting on TV. All of his favorites. I even baked him a total flop of a cake, which we still stuck candles in and sang to! It was....perfect! (I hope he thought so too!)
Then on Saturday....we dropped the kids and headed for a fun night out! (Not without starting our night off with a bang. We thought we'd be REALLY good, and get to church Saturday night. I SWORE it started at 4:30. When we walked in, at 4:25, and Father was on the alter, I thought...okay, we're a little late....then I listened more, and realized he was in the middle of the Eucharistic prayer, and prepping communion. Of course, anytime you walk in as a family of 5 with young kids, to a quiet mostly old people church service, people are going to look. They'll do the same when you walk in at the END of mass. And God got in the last laugh....there were NO seats in the back of the church to quietly sneak into. So...to the front we went. To communion we went. We sang the final song and called it a day. The kids thought it was awesome. "Mom, that was the shortest church ever, that was fun!".........................#fail.) Anyway -- we dropped the kids with Grandma Jacki, and headed to Wiese's to pick them up/meet the Maxwell's. We all 6 loaded up in Seth & Jenna's van, and headed to Wolcott to check out the Brass Buckle. What a fun night!
As Wiese said..."Why when I'm with Maxwell do I always end up drunk, in another town, without any keys?!"....we apparently thought it'd be a fun idea at midnight to have Jenna drop us at Wiese's big woods, where our campers are...to end the night with a camp out. HAHA What a fun time!
SUCH a fun night, and much needed adult night out!
We spent Friday evening celebrating Daddy's actual birthday with the kiddos. We made him his favorite meal, Breakfast Skillets, and opened gifts, then crashed to hunting on TV. All of his favorites. I even baked him a total flop of a cake, which we still stuck candles in and sang to! It was....perfect! (I hope he thought so too!)
Then on Saturday....we dropped the kids and headed for a fun night out! (Not without starting our night off with a bang. We thought we'd be REALLY good, and get to church Saturday night. I SWORE it started at 4:30. When we walked in, at 4:25, and Father was on the alter, I thought...okay, we're a little late....then I listened more, and realized he was in the middle of the Eucharistic prayer, and prepping communion. Of course, anytime you walk in as a family of 5 with young kids, to a quiet mostly old people church service, people are going to look. They'll do the same when you walk in at the END of mass. And God got in the last laugh....there were NO seats in the back of the church to quietly sneak into. So...to the front we went. To communion we went. We sang the final song and called it a day. The kids thought it was awesome. "Mom, that was the shortest church ever, that was fun!".........................#fail.) Anyway -- we dropped the kids with Grandma Jacki, and headed to Wiese's to pick them up/meet the Maxwell's. We all 6 loaded up in Seth & Jenna's van, and headed to Wolcott to check out the Brass Buckle. What a fun night!
As Wiese said..."Why when I'm with Maxwell do I always end up drunk, in another town, without any keys?!"....we apparently thought it'd be a fun idea at midnight to have Jenna drop us at Wiese's big woods, where our campers are...to end the night with a camp out. HAHA What a fun time!
SUCH a fun night, and much needed adult night out!
Comments
Post a Comment