Skip to main content

November in a Nutshell

I can't hardly believe November has come and gone...and as I thought I'd get caught up on a few posts...I realized there were several pictures from the month that I hadn't shared here. Thank goodness Apple is good at organizing all of my photos by date, so that I can remember when we did what!


The first week of November was crazy at work for me, with our annual IAC meeting. Jason was gone that first weekend on a fishing/guys weekend trip. We celebrated the guys return that Sunday by hanging out with Wieses, Laytons, Holderly's & Maxwell's for a Colts/Bronco's Football party. Such a fun group of adults and kids!


Ryder was all snuggles with me that night -- I loved it!

On November 11th, Jenna had asked me to be the photog for their Baby Reveal Party! We are anxiously awaiting the birth of Baby Maxwell #3 and welcome Seth & Jen to the chaos of life with 3!!

November 11th was also Veterans Day at school, and Em requested to dress in Red, White & Blue. Thanks to Lindsay & Reagan's hand me downs...we had just the outfit.
Emmalyn also had to have a wart removed from her thumb, which of course, called for a special Mom & Daughter day. We went to the doctor, then took advantage of the afternoon and ran a few errands together.
Keaton's been trying to be a big boy, and stay awake at night...and sometimes, Mom Guilt sets in, that perhaps I'm not giving him the attention he needs...so I let him stay up and snuggle one night. Proof that perhaps he just can't quite hang yet...
Of course, November also means a LOT of hunting in our household, and Jason's been such a wonderful Dad/hunter this year. We've had lots of hunting related adventures....some with Dad, and some on their own with Colton's bb gun!




 This picture is a favorite...more so because of the text I got to accompany the picture. "Someone was cold. Now someone else is"............what a wonderful Daddy!



 We also celebrated the "End of Harvest" with my family and a nice adults only dinner out. We had a wonderful time, a great meal and lots of fun conversation. So blessed!

The kids and I also got to go to our first Purdue basketball game of the season. We LOVE our BOILERS! (and Uncle Trent & Mamps/Paps for the tickets they share with us!)




We wrapped up the end of the month by celebrating Thanksgiving. Pam chooses this time of year, each year, to go on vacation....so I wound up taking the whole week of Thanksgiving off to help care for Keaton, and got to attend the kids Thanksgiving Feasts at school too. First up, Keaton....and a few of the shenanigans he pulled on our first few days off together...


Yes, they are licking up m&m's off the floor. They spilled them, and JOKINGLY I said, "well, you better go lick them up"....they thought that was hilarious, and did. GROSS.

FES Thanksgiving Feasts!





We spent Thanksgiving Day with the Hancocks and had a great time playing Heads Up and decorating Great Grandma on the make up app on my phone!


We wrapped up the holiday weekend by Black Friday shopping, decorating for Christmas, and cleaning up the house. Or so I thought...
This child will be the death of me. But then, he does this....thankfully, his older brother is TRYING to steer him in the right direction. (When not teaching him to pee STANDING ON MY TOILET...see above).
We celebrated Harry's 3rd birthday, and capped off the long week without Pammy with a giant goose egg from the rock wall.





This November was full of blessings and we have MUCH to be thankful for. We are so blessed to be living in this mess....these kids are our world and we wouldn't have it any other way!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Well Soon, Grandpa Kent

 Here's the best way to share Dad's video. Thank you all so much for submitting the clips. This really made him smile (and say some funny things the first time we watched soon after anesthesia). I think it will be treasured company this evening in the hospital. Thank you for your prayers, your thoughts, for answering the phone calls and lifting Dad up. We appreciate all your love and support.  58E2238E-D2E3-4B38-9FF6-AE1E502ABD14.mp4

Covid ... the end. (Hopefully. Maybe. I really don't know....)

 Almost two years ago, exactly, our world drastically changed. Everyone holed up at home, scared to enter the world and catch Covid 19/Corona Virus. (Except Jason, once he got to feeling better from most likely having Covid before it was a known thing, he just went to work everyday like nothing had changed). The world basically shut down  -- special hours, curbside pick up encouraged, no dining room service only drive through or carryout. If someone coughed or sneezed anywhere near you, you were instantly suspicious. Our parents lived on complete edge and worry, taking in every ounce of information the news was constantly throwing in their faces. It was a time of great uncertainty, lots of information being thrown at us from trusted news sources, social media, and hearsay from those in the medical profession.  We spent March to May just trying to figure out our new life. No baseball. No softball. Lots of time with our animals. Lots of crafts. School from home. Porch drop ...

Central Indiana Winter Spectacular

 We kicked off show season with this set of calves in mid-January at the Central Indiana Winter Spectacular, a first time show down in Cloverdale, Indiana. I'm not sure what was more fun - being with our kids and friends at a cattle show, or listening to our kids meddle over the thought of staying in a Motel 6.  (Backstory on this one -- when I worked at Purdue/in the Conference division, I held a few conference at The Hyatt in downtown Indianapolis. When I had events there, I'd earn points. We then would use those points for free night stays....I think I had maybe 15 or so over the years. So, the only hotel my kids know, is a Hyatt, because unbeknownst to them, it was FREE.....which is the ONLY reason we stayed in such a nice place with young kids. So, imagine their dismay when the Motel 6 in Cloverdale didn't have an Eagles Nest rotating up top, or an indoor pool and hot tub/workout area. We have officially raised hotel snobs.....because when we finally took them to the k...