Sometimes, I have to just sit in awe of the words that spew from you kids mouths. Often, you don't even know the weight of your words, or the hilarity of them. Dad and I do. Sometimes, we laugh out loud. Sometimes, we stifle a laugh as to not embarrass you. And sometimes...we just flat shake our heads in awe.
Keaton - your little vocabulary is growing by LEAPS and BOUNDS lately. You are repeating near everything and you LOVE to explore the "why" of this world. In fact, Betsy sent me a snapchat the other night of Callie telling her that all you ever say is "Why, why, why....all day long at Pam's!" You certainly do ask Why. You also say funny things...like the other night when you pranced around the house, carrying a play golf club, declaring everyone was on your baseball team. Or the night your Dad taught you to say, "Daddy, Badaaaaa".....oh ya, Daddy really is a badass, isn't he? And, in following your brothers footsteps, you have to know the every move of Sir Tim Kirk....and you believe that everyone is mowing. All the time. Even when there is snow on the ground, because Tim mows. At least know Tim's life legacy with our family....his mowing business.
Emmalyn - you took me by surprise the other day when you announced through giggles that the lemonade tasted like Donkey Pee. I could only imagine that your father taught you that as well, because you kept looking at him, and he gave me that terribly obvious "I have no idea what she's talking about" look, that proved he knew EXACTLY what you were talking about. (Do we see a trend here? Dad=Ornery). You also are very into your friends at school....you talk alot about Kiki, but really it's Kyvannah, and her sisters Drashia and Cora. You like to spell all of our names backwards and you are a rhyming machine. I guess that's all thanks to Mrs. Jenkin's and Kindergarten! My favorite thing lately, is that you love to laugh. You are always finding ways to be silly to crack us up. And you do....goofy should have been your middle name.
Colton, you're the one who threw out the zinger that prompted this post. Save the best for last, right? On Friday night you went on your annual Christmas Shopping Date night with your Dad. He was kind enough to send me pictures, and at 10pm, when you called to say you were done shopping, and going shining for awhile I asked how you got along shopping. "Good, but Mom, what we got you, you might have to take it back, because your size is REALLY hard to find." You said it with the sweetest of intentions, but all this momma heard was, "hey fatty, we couldn't find clothes to fit you...so we bought you something, but you might have to take it back". Note: This is why you do not allow children to buy their mother clothes. Note2: I tried this for years with my own mother. She always graciously opened them, gleaned over them, then promptly took them back to find something that fit better, or flat something different.
You also are quite aware of cusswords now Colton....and we have to remind you that your two year old little brother didn't cuss on purpose....he just can't make his letter sounds, and that you made those same slip ups, when you were 2. Now, when he said Badass.....ya, that was because your Dad taught him that! :)
These are only a few of the things you've said lately that caught my ear by surprise. I'm sure there are so many more that I'm not remembering right now -- but my momma brain is full, and this is the best I could remember. I'll edit accordingly if more come to me. Until then, good luck trying to find my size, and don't drink the badass donkey pee. :)
Keaton - your little vocabulary is growing by LEAPS and BOUNDS lately. You are repeating near everything and you LOVE to explore the "why" of this world. In fact, Betsy sent me a snapchat the other night of Callie telling her that all you ever say is "Why, why, why....all day long at Pam's!" You certainly do ask Why. You also say funny things...like the other night when you pranced around the house, carrying a play golf club, declaring everyone was on your baseball team. Or the night your Dad taught you to say, "Daddy, Badaaaaa".....oh ya, Daddy really is a badass, isn't he? And, in following your brothers footsteps, you have to know the every move of Sir Tim Kirk....and you believe that everyone is mowing. All the time. Even when there is snow on the ground, because Tim mows. At least know Tim's life legacy with our family....his mowing business.
Emmalyn - you took me by surprise the other day when you announced through giggles that the lemonade tasted like Donkey Pee. I could only imagine that your father taught you that as well, because you kept looking at him, and he gave me that terribly obvious "I have no idea what she's talking about" look, that proved he knew EXACTLY what you were talking about. (Do we see a trend here? Dad=Ornery). You also are very into your friends at school....you talk alot about Kiki, but really it's Kyvannah, and her sisters Drashia and Cora. You like to spell all of our names backwards and you are a rhyming machine. I guess that's all thanks to Mrs. Jenkin's and Kindergarten! My favorite thing lately, is that you love to laugh. You are always finding ways to be silly to crack us up. And you do....goofy should have been your middle name.
Colton, you're the one who threw out the zinger that prompted this post. Save the best for last, right? On Friday night you went on your annual Christmas Shopping Date night with your Dad. He was kind enough to send me pictures, and at 10pm, when you called to say you were done shopping, and going shining for awhile I asked how you got along shopping. "Good, but Mom, what we got you, you might have to take it back, because your size is REALLY hard to find." You said it with the sweetest of intentions, but all this momma heard was, "hey fatty, we couldn't find clothes to fit you...so we bought you something, but you might have to take it back". Note: This is why you do not allow children to buy their mother clothes. Note2: I tried this for years with my own mother. She always graciously opened them, gleaned over them, then promptly took them back to find something that fit better, or flat something different.
You also are quite aware of cusswords now Colton....and we have to remind you that your two year old little brother didn't cuss on purpose....he just can't make his letter sounds, and that you made those same slip ups, when you were 2. Now, when he said Badass.....ya, that was because your Dad taught him that! :)
These are only a few of the things you've said lately that caught my ear by surprise. I'm sure there are so many more that I'm not remembering right now -- but my momma brain is full, and this is the best I could remember. I'll edit accordingly if more come to me. Until then, good luck trying to find my size, and don't drink the badass donkey pee. :)
Comments
Post a Comment