We kicked off August by immediately shipping the kids back to school, which seemed nearly cruel after just returning home from vacation. That said, it was NICE to get back to a routine.
I could tell too, that once fair ended -- Jason and Colton had BOTH caught the bug. I shouldn't be surprised then, that in early August (less than one month from ending Fair 2018) I was getting texts about steers Jason was interested in for the kids. On August 22nd.....less than one month from the day we sold Duke on the last day of the fair, we welcomed Beau into our family. The only kick in the pants about getting your steer so early, is having that much longer to fall in love with them.
It's a big year on the Hall side of the family -- both Grandma and Grandpa turn 60 this year, and they also will celebrate their 40th Wedding Anniversary. We celebrated Grandpa first, with a family swim party and cake.
I could tell too, that once fair ended -- Jason and Colton had BOTH caught the bug. I shouldn't be surprised then, that in early August (less than one month from ending Fair 2018) I was getting texts about steers Jason was interested in for the kids. On August 22nd.....less than one month from the day we sold Duke on the last day of the fair, we welcomed Beau into our family. The only kick in the pants about getting your steer so early, is having that much longer to fall in love with them.
It's a big year on the Hall side of the family -- both Grandma and Grandpa turn 60 this year, and they also will celebrate their 40th Wedding Anniversary. We celebrated Grandpa first, with a family swim party and cake.
We rounded out late August with a belated (like, really belated....we're not good at timing on these) birthday date with Colton to the 1st Purdue football game of the year. There was a big excitement surrounding the team for the first time in a long time, including freshman standout Rondale Moore. We tailgated with Grandma & Grandpa Hall, Uncle Trent, Uncle Matt & Aunt Stef. From where we were tailgating, near Mackey, we happened to see a group of Purdue Men's Basketball players walking to the game, including Carsen Edwards. Of course, Grandpa Kent and I hollered to flag him down so Colton could meet him. Colton was thrilled....just too bad he'd picked a scab on his ear right before meeting his idol.....kind of tweaks your picture! HA
August was a fun transition from super fun summer to super busy fall! :)





Comments
Post a Comment