Thursday, 27 September 2007
Well, could life get any more nutso than it is right now? (I know, I know...wait till I have this kid right?) I can hardly believe that tomorrow is Friday already. And, I have to apologize, the pictures that I took last Saturday, to post early in the week...are now well outdated, but I'll put these up tonight, and hope to get some more recent ones tonight to put up tomorrow.Jason has been working like a crazy man the last few days. Saturday, he met a guy to measure for carpet at 8:30am. I got there about 9am, and about 11am, Mom & I headed to Lafayette to pick out what kinds of carpet we might actually want. Needless to say, when we got back at 2:30...(It took 10x longer than we'd planned...) we could no longer get upstairs, and half the floor was missing in the laundry room. Jason found what he assumes to be the problem of the slanting floor/stairs to be two places (at least) where whoever did the work, simply cut through the floor joists. Not work around them, not patch them together once you've got in what you need, but just cut them, and left them hanging. So, he and Jacob worked all Saturday to get that floor out. It was one long day. Mom & I pulled staples out of the floor in the dining room area, and have yet to go back and tackle more. (Not to sound like the sissy...okay, I'm the sissy, he's doing all the hard work...but my blisters have yet to heal...)
Sunday I had to work, so Jason was out there alone, and I'm really not sure what he got done. He was pooped from Saturday, and once he got all that done on Saturday, he had a hard time figuring out where to go next. So, we mowed some (until we ran out of gas...that's always fun) and just cleaned up and got things ready for when some work buddies came to help Tuesday. He took off Monday night to rest up, then Tuesday night some friends and buddies from work came by, and holy cow....I was amazed. You'll see the pictures of their progress next post...I've not been back to take pictures since then. When I stopped in at 5:30...they had the floor joists out in the laundry room and were half done replacing them. I was impressed. We're very blessed to have friends who are so skilled at what they do. Plumbers, Duct Work, Carpenters...all willing to help and guide us. It's saved us tons of money being able to do it ourselves!!
I'm going to stop out tonight. Not sure who I'll find there, but plan to try to start pulling the painted over wallpaper off the living room walls. I think we're going to leave the paneling 1/2 way up -- with some new fresh paint to accent above, it won't look bad at all....after a good cleaning!
In other news...work has been super crazy lately too...it had actually be slow these last few weeks, until things got crazy in life at home, and of course, work knew to start brewing things up again. Oh well...I love a fast paced life...right? Baby is constantly on the move -- our parents say it's no wonder. Look where it's coming from! I think that they meant that as a compliment...but, we'll see. Jason's even been able to feel it kick pretty good a couple of times now...which is exciting for both of us. He thinks it's the weirdest thing, but in the neatest way. You can't replace that feeling. I can't imagine when we get to meet baby for the first time! Only 16 weeks if I go the full 40...that's so hard to believe!!!! Although, they've tossed my due date around so much, all I can say is that I think I'm due in January, so its hard to know how many "weeks" I am right now. It's fun though...still loving it.
Okay, now for the pictures. I'll try to get more tonight, to put up soon!!
This is where the stairwell used to be. Behind that wall, is the little closet thing in the kitchen. In redoing the stairs, we hope to tear that out, and have a nice place to "hide" our fridge.

This is the work Jason and Jacob did all day Saturday while we tore out staples. I was amazed at how fast they worked!! Jacob was a great help that day!

This is where the old vanity/wall cabinet to the bathroom used to be. We're likely going to put these two rooms together, with a privacy wall near the toilet. It adds more space to both rooms. We'll see how it turns out...regardless, it's an improvement.

This was Murphy all day. He didn't care about staples. He didn't care about loud saws or hammers. He didn't care that Jacob was hauling trash past him every 1/2 hour or so....he just slept. Like he was the king on his throne.

I don't know if you can even see Jacob in this picture...but about dusk, we completely lost him...and pretty much Jason too. The deer hunter in both of them came out. Funny thing was, Jacob was whispering (the deer he's "stalking" here, was WAY out there....Jason wasn't even worried about whispering to keep from scaring it away...) and he kept saying how HUGE this buck was. "Jas, seriously, get over it...it's huge..." It was a small 6-pointer, which just made Jason and I laugh. Even I could tell it was small...and I don't get into the whole deer thing. However, it was cute to watch him get all excited....and how great that these two can "play" in our own backyard now?

The end -- it's almost Friday! I'm outta here...
Comments
Post a Comment